Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Kimmy

Default Norwegan Sea

This is my eighth cruise, but first time of Norwegan. This is an older ship and I'm wondering what anybody things about it. I"m used to going on Royal Caribbean and the bigger newer ships. Is this one nice? What is there to do in Roatan and Belize. Besides the tubing through caves, did that and wasn't that impressed. Thanks for the input.

Kim
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:34 PM
JCC

Default Re: Norwegan Sea

Got back from the N Sea on Sept 4. Our 11th cruise first on NCL. The cabins are really small and not very nice, but that didn't bother us. The only other bad things was the common rest rooms, and everday food fare on the buffet line. There is no grand atium, which I think takes away from a ship, but the redo on the ship a few years ago was obvious except in the staterooms.

Really nice things were really quite a few: BBQ's by the pool almost nightly with great things like Crawfish, Shirmp and Lobster wraps. Freestyle dinning was great, eat whenever you want (The food was not as good as Carnival, but I thought as good as RCCL). The two main resturants have the same menu, the one in the back on level 4 has a great view. They will seat you by yourself or with others. No formal night unless you want it. The Bristro is great but requires reservations and is $20 extra. The Pasta Cafe was really good as well, you need reservations, but no extra charge. The omelitte and waffle bars were easy to get to and really not long waiting. The extra's in the buffet resturant were also good, such as cheese station and on night Louisisana crab cakes. The shows were pretty good and Greased Lighting was great. The entire staff was relaxed and helpful.

I like to snorkel and it was great at Tabaya beach in Roatan. The beach was nice by itsefl, but the reef only about 100 yards out was one of the best I have been to. I also went on a snorkel tour to an island of the Belize Coast. The one in the afternoon brought you right back to the ship so you would not have to tender back. I loved sleeping in with shore excursion not starting until almost noon at three of the four stops. It was also great to have four stops on a seven day cruise. Let me know if you want to know anything else. JCC627@yahoo.com