Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Jeni

Default Cozumel tour recommendation - from Inspiration cruiser 9-7-0

My entire family was on the Inspiration cruise that left Tampa on Sept. 7 (our cruise was shortened from 7 to 5 days due to Hurricane Frances). We had a great time! We only got to visit two ports - Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

In Cozumel, we decided to just get off the ship and see what we could find at the pier. Once you get through all the little shops on the pier, you will see a hoarde of taxis and tour companies. We had a driver with a 15 passenger van - his name was Victor - who took 12 of us on a 4 hour tour of whatever we wanted to see for $25 per adult and $10 per child!!!! It was GREAT! Victor told us a lot of history about Cozumel and the Mayan people. (We reallly wanted to see some ruins - the Tulum trip just sounded too long for the kids.) On this board we heard about San Gervais ruins that were actually on Cozumel island, so we told Victor that's where we wanted to go. He added his own mini tour through the city area and the "expensive" houses and then took us to the ruins. He waited while we did our tour of the area (a little more than an hour). One note, if you go to San Gervais, take bug spray! After the ruins he took us around the island so we could see the windward side. It was a great 4 hour trip for the least amount of money! I highly recommend finding Victor if you can! Once we get our pictures developed I'll post his picture for you!!

I'll write about our Grand Cayman adventure in another message in case anyone is interested.

Jeni
Sponsored Links