Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Christina M

Default Help! with name of excursion

HI everybody,

My fiance will be departing for our honeymoon on Oct.24th for the carribean (cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ochos Rios, St. Thomas, ST. Marten, and Princess Cays in the Bahamas). I have lost the information for an excursion I saw on this website a few months ago. I believe it is in either St. Thomas or ST. Marten. The excursion takes place on a boat and the crew gives out temporary tattoos and a famous rum punch. If anyone knows what I am talking about I would really appreciate any contact information for the excursion. Also if anyone has any ideas for any other excursions for the above mentioned destinations we would really appreciate any feedback.
Christina
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2004, 10:40 PM
rburns44

Default Re: Help! with name of excursion

"My fiance will be departing for our honeymoon on Oct.24th ..."

Hope you are going too!! Sorry Can't help you with excursion.

Becky
Old September 19th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Passenger

For St Thomas, I can recommend a day sail to St John. It's like being on your own private yacht. Try Captain Omar at www.interlinesail.com
Email is interlinesail@bellsouth.net

They leave from Red Hook, and have 2 snorkel stops. Serve full lunch and snacks, as well as cold beer, sodas and bottled water. Also have unlimited rum punch ( maybe not famous, but very very good), but don't remember any tattoos. The price for a day sail was $99.00 each, and they provided all equipment.

Old September 20th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Yeoman

Sounds like some sort of a pirate cruise/drunk fest cruise which you can find in any port. We always laugh when one pulls back in as everyone is so loud, singing and drunk! Was it through the line-if so go to their website and see if its there. You might want to check on Grand Cayman as Ive been reading theyre closed to ships possibily until the end of the year thanks to Ivan. If you do make it there, Stingray City is a must. In Jamaica, Dunns River Falls is very popular, or horseback riding on the beach. I usually shop in St Thomas, but read on here about some nice beaches, a trip over to St Johns, snorkeling/scuba, a great milkshake place St Thomas Dairies, the gondola ride to the top of the mountains for a great view. Havent been to St Marteens but am thinking beach stop and shopping (Orient Beach has a nude area-Im thinking romantic here since youll be on your honeymoon). Havent been to Princess Cay either, but typical private beach stuff-water toys, lounging, possibly a water park area. Cozumel-I used to dive there, but now with a 2 yr old its a beach stop, and shopping. And theres always the bars! Yo can get a ferry over to the mainland and visit Xcaret (heard its neat), or some ruins (we liked Chichen Itza, but its a long day). There are some ruins on Cozumel, though no where nearly as impressive as Chichen Itza.

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old September 20th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Christina M

Default Re: Re: Help! with name of excursion

We will be on the Dawn Princess on Oct.24 for our honeymoon. Which cruise will you be on? Christina
Old September 21st, 2004, 11:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Try this website, I beleive its what you are looking for:

www.doubloon.com
Old September 21st, 2004, 11:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

I would definately recommend the Sting Ray City Tour in the Caymans. It was awesome!! We did the Eastern back in August and toured St. Thomas and St. Marten. We did Captain Nautica in St. Thomas and tried a "Snuba" adventure in St. Marten. We had a blast!
Old October 2nd, 2004, 07:19 PM
janky

Old October 3rd, 2004, 01:52 AM
pg

Umm I bet your cruise will not be calling at all those ports. Keep checking, but I'm sure that Princess Cays won't be "open" ( hurricane damage) same with Grand Cayman, the word is they won't be recieving cruisers till at least November.

On St Martin definately go to Orient Beach , it isn't all nude, there is a nude section but it is at the far end ( form taxi drop off) and it is a beautiful beach , we loved our time there , rented two lounge chairs and an umbrella for 14 bucks. Waiters will bring you drinks form the bars that line the beach, or find your own( I found a place that sold $2 Heinken!!!)
Dunns river Falls is fun in Ochio Rios, didn't like town.

Watch out for the "booze cruises" we saw serveral people throwing up off the side decks as they return, you know hours of sun and waves and free punch can really ruin your day( ) .Snorkling in the Caribbean is so incredible try it sober, take the " Wild thing" excursion, it is like a Zodiac that whips you around at high speed and takes you to some incredible little coves to snorklle!