Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Beginner

Default Rotan Island Excursions?

Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendation on excursions for Rotan Island? Myself and the people I am traveling with are all in our early to mid twenties and are adventurous. Thanks for all your help, once again.
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Rotan Island Excursions?

I have not been, but if you are adventurous and healthy, Roatan reportedly has some of the best scuba diving in this hemisphere. We are going for a week in May and plan to be under water the whole time. I'm sure you can do a beginner or "Resort" course through Carnival and see some amazing sights on the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world! There is apparently some sort of eco-museum near Anthony's Key resort at which you can do a dolphin swim also. Go for the diving, though.
Old September 19th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

There will be an abundance of cabs at the dock. You can get one for the full day very reasonable. Driver will wait for you at the different places you go. We started at the cameo factory; very interesting. Then to lunch in the southwest part of the island; out of doors dining and excellent food. I tried conch; not my thing, but the kitty sure enjoyed it (you will see a lot of starving dogs and cats). Then off to the nature park. It was just beautiful. Tropics… you have tropical rainstorms… buckets of water falling on you. So we headed back to the ship and did not go to the bay. However I did shop at the local tourist trap in the midst of the rainstorm. Even with a raincoat, I got drenched.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 05:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you like to snorkel, don't miss taking an excursion which includes SNORKELING!

Probably, best snorkeling in the Caribbean!