Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Beginner

Default Recommendation- Interlinesail Day Sail St Thomas

This company does a great day sail and snorkel trip. We used them in the past, and are on their quarterly newsletter mailing list (love to hear the island news!) . I just got an email from them saying the recent storms had passed and their sail boats were still in the water and operating. TS Jeanne soaked them pretty well, but they reported the weather has cleared and the sun is shining, and it's again "business as usual".

Check them out at www.interlinesail.com or send Captain Omar an email at
interlinesail@bellsouth.net . for info on their day sails and snorkel trips.

Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2004, 01:55 AM
MaggieMay

Default Re: Recommendation- Interlinesail Day Sail St Thomas

Hey- can you tell me more about this excursion? It sounds like something we would like to do when we are in St Thomas in Jan/05. I looked at their website and I've sent them an email, but thought I would ask you. I'm particulary concerned because we've never snorkeled before, and I wanted to know if they took you into the beach at all. Thanks for any info.
Old October 20th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Recommendation- Interlinesail Day Sail St Thomas

Hello MaggieMay-
When we sailed with Interlinesail, there was another couple with us.The wife was a little afraid of the water, and had never snorkeled before. Captain Omar took her into the beach in his dinghy, and showed her how to snorkel. The rest of us swam and snorkeled right off the back of the boat. At our second snorkel stop, everyone went into the water right off back of the boat- including the new/now avid/ snorkeler. So, my advice, is to let the Captain know that you would prefer to snorkel from the beach, and I'm certain he will take you in.

Did you have specific questions ? If so, just ask- I was very impressed with Interlinesail from my first contact with them. They delivered on everything they told me. I have no problem recommending them to anyone who wants a fun day on the water. I can't describe how beautiful the waters are in the Virgin Islands- and the beaches have milky white sand. You'll just have to go and see for yourself. The trip with Interlinesail, the beauty of St John, the rum punch- wish I were there right now instead of behind a desk.....

BTW- we live in Matthews, NC; saw your email address and wondered if you are also from NC? Also, are you a Rod Stewart fan (MaggieMay is my favorite rod song)? I just bought Rod's newest CD of "oldies" and it's so great.

Post Edited (10-20-04 08:23)