Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Christina M

Default St.Thomas Buck Island tour

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are looking to book an excursion to Turtle cove off of Buck Island in St.Thomas. Does anyone have any recommendations of who to use? any help appreciated.
Christina
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2004, 11:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: St.Thomas Buck Island tour

We visited Buck Island - Turtle Cove in August but did the Captain Nautica Excursion through the ship. I'm not sure what you are looking for but Captain Nautica actually took us to 3 different places to snorkel, including Turtle Cove. My teenage sons loved it!
Old September 21st, 2004, 07:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: St.Thomas Buck Island tour

Hi

I am interested in Captain Nautica's tour. What did you see?
Old September 22nd, 2004, 11:41 AM
Christina M

Default Re: Re: St.Thomas Buck Island tour

Kimmie,

Is Captain Nautica with Doubloon cruises?
Christina
Old September 26th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Beginner

Default Re: St.Thomas Buck Island tour

Went on tour twice, once with ship tour and once with private. No real difference except price was about the same but ship tour included transportation. Ship had small sailboats available..one of our best times.

Old September 29th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: St.Thomas Buck Island tour

No, they are two seperate excursions and I don't think are owned by the same people. However, when you go to www. doubloon.com website, there is a Captain Nautica Link there as well. I'd say they both do about the same thing. Captain Nautica was faster and only holds 10-12 people I'd say where Doubloon fits probably 50 or more. It seemed to be more of a personal tour since the craft was much smaller. We went to three places, Turtle Cove, Honeymoon Beach and Shipwreck Cove. Honeymoon Beach was absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
Old September 29th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: St.Thomas Buck Island tour

First we went to Turtle Cove. We only saw a few turtles thought, but did see a stingray and fish. The second stop was Shipwreck Cove. It was alright but the best part was watching the people under the water that were doing the BOB Excursion. For some reason there heads looked the size of an orange and their bodies that of a very large person. It was pretty funny! In my opinion the shipwreck wasn't that great but.....
Last they took us to St. Johns to Honeymoon Beach. What a spectacular beach. It was absolutely gorgeous and the water was just breathtaking. Some people snorkeled, some enjoyed the beach and others just kind of swam around and took in the beautiful scenery. It was right from a postcard.