Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2004, 01:45 PM
JCC

Default Looking for fun in San Juan near cruise terminal

We are on a double repositioning cruise on the Celebrity Galaxy and will have the day , (Oct 25) to spend in San Juan without the option of cruise sponsered shore excursions. Will have to get own transportation to and from cruise terminal, snorkeling, history tour, rain forest. Any advise. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2004, 03:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Looking for fun in San Juan near cruise terminal

Its very easy from the cruise terminal in Old San Juan to stroll around town, shop, go visit a fort, or a tour of the rum factory. You may have time to get to the rain forest too, if that something you want to spend the day doing, I understand its a few hour drive to get there. We were just amazed with the views from the fort El Morro, which you can walk to when in Old San Juan.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 22nd, 2004, 09:31 AM
JCC

Default Re: Re: Looking for fun in San Juan near cruise terminal

Donna,

Thanks for the reply. I guess we can just take a cab to Old San Juan and pick up a tour from there? Any comment? John
Old September 22nd, 2004, 12:16 PM
debp

Default Re: Re: Re: Looking for fun in San Juan near cruise terminal

If you want to go the rainforest, research this well and possibly make arrangements before you leave. We really wanted to do that, but when we asked at the hotel we could not get the excursion. The excursion was also not offered as part of the debarkation day tours. My husband, who has driven all over the world, decided he didn't want to drive in San Juan after the experience with our taxi, so we did not get to do this excursion. Again, my advise is to research this and make arrangements before you leave to avoid dissappointment.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Looking for fun in San Juan near cruise terminal

Hi JCC,
You can easily do this on your own, if you want to walk up to the fort. There are also trolleys that go there, but I didn't notice them. We felt perfectly fine walking around town during the day, not a problem, only main problem is a lot of traffic, so its almost quicker just walking.

Message Boards Moderator