Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Passenger

Default Belize or Costa Maya Ruins???

Help! I can't decide if we should do the ruins in Belize or Costa Maya or both. I'm thinking about the Cahal Pech in Belize and then Chacchoben in Costa Maya. The information I've seen on websites on the Cahal Pech ruins look very interesting. We have such a short stay in Belize (1:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.) that I thought I'd book a cruise line excursion just to be on the safe side. I was thinking about Chacchoben in Costa Maya and then spending the rest of the day exploring Majahual. Just thought I'd get anyone's thoughts on these two tours.

Many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Colin

Default Re: Belize or Costa Maya Ruins???

Your time will be short in Belize so I suggest you try out Altun Ha instead as Cahal Pech is about 4 hours drive time while Altun Ha is about 1.5 to 2 hours driving. As a Belizean tour guide I suggest since your stop in Belize will be short you can stop off at the Belize Historical Museum at Cuccumber Beach which is about 5 miles from the Belize City docks. Anyway Cahal Pech can be done but can stay for only 1- 1.5 hours and only by freelance guides like me will be able to offer you as this site is not popular with cruise ships so not available on the ship. Have a nice cruise.

Best regards;
Colin Gillett
Cell:501-603-5776