Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Default Re: Bon Girls Are Back

I honestly don't know what we're doing for Turkey Day. We pick up our annual free turkey at work on Thursday, so Trevor needs to make room for it in the freezer . We'll be able to make several meals out of it once it's cooked. It seems like such a hassle to go anywhere. I'd rather just stay put and watch the football games and play scrabble all day.(and, get on the computer). My step-daughter usually invites us up to her place along with Tim's family, but Trevor can only take so much of that, anymore.
Today I showed the video of my Sun Princess cruise from 1998 to the Western Caribbean. It is the promotional one-I'm not sure they were personalized back then. But, it got me back into my "yearning" stage. I could tell my residents that I actually saw some of those sights and held a turtle at the Turtle Farm. I'm so glad we're going to Ft. Lauderdale when Jamie comes. I will see our ship in port on Dec. 11. I should wear my Sea Bees shirt for the occasion!! Being right down there will be bittersweet, too. Maybe, we'll go to the Sawgrass Mall, in your honor!!--and eat lots of chocolate for Ashee!

Take care for tonight. I ended up "working" late -off the clock. We had our regular 3rd Tuesday night Sing a Long, with one of our drivers, Bill and his wife, Judy, leading it as usual. They also have a quartet called. "So Loved". Anyway, their special guest was Tommy Brandt, son of Judy, who just won the best new Christian Country Singer Award at the Christian Music Awards in Nashville last week. So, we had our own local celebrity in house.So, at the last minute I went up to the Assisted Living Floor where I work, and announced that it was a special program-they were eating supper. But 17 residents went down-so it was like I was actually working, as I took attendance and kind of watched over them.I had to leave for church before it was over, so someone else, like my boss had to make sure they got back upstairs. It's now 9:30. I got home right before 9=a LONG day.

Good night, Y'all!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old November 19th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
Not too much going on this weekend. I'm glad today is Friday. There are two men here washing our house. It sure needs it after all the hurricanes, with the debris, etc, on the roof. Now our skylights are clean! I feel sorry for the spider who spun a really nice web outside the kitchen window. It must have been to the screen. Anyway, his "house" is now history.
My girlfriend is leaving for her cruise to Hawaii tomorrow. It's a 10 day, I think. She and Pete were there last year, too, but have friends who wanted to go who have never been there. It's nice to have two incomes to plan these things. The Beautician who runs the "in house" salon is leaving today for hers. Do you see the tearings rolling down my face yet? I'm just biding my time. Sooner or later, Trevor will book one.

Better go. Just about 8 and I have to get my car out of the driveway within the next 20 minutes so they can wash the garage.

Bye, Y'all! Lynnie-ROSE

Old November 20th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi-had a lazy day today. I got up for a potty break at 7:18AM and went back to sleep until almost 11! I guess I needed that extra snooze.
Not much is happening. My friend, Don, emailed me that he found out the reason why no one was answering his post for the REGAL Princess sailing on 12/20. He has learned that his TA put the wrong ship's name on his information. He's going on the CORAL Princess! No wonder nobody but me answered him. So, if you see a post for Don and Carol, for the 12/20/04 Coral, it's my college friend and his wife, Carol.His first responder after trying again is ME-to get the ball rolling.

Take care y'all!! Lynnie-ROSE. Ashee, I saw the perfect shirt for you today-I'm still thinking about buying it for you!

Old November 21st, 2004, 06:22 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ashee

Good morning. Just thought I would say hello before cleaning and laundry ect. All those fun things, NOT!!!! We went to Traders World yesterday. Do you know where that is Lynne? Flea market in Middletown? Did some Christmas shopping, that is just around the corner. Time is going by fast.

How is your Mom feeling? I hope she is feeling better. Won't be long and your son will be there, I know you are excited to see him. You will have to e-mail me a picture of the two of you. Must get busy, lots to do today. Tell Trevor hello.
Old November 21st, 2004, 06:32 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Ashee, and Everybody,
Yes, I know exactly where Traders World is, if it's the one I'm thinking of. There's a big outdoor flea market off of I-75. It can be seen from the Interstate. I used to go to Middletown quite a bit in another lifetime.
I had to be up at 6:30 this morning to be at church by 7:30 to sing in the choir.Now that our northern congregation is back, two services have to be held at the church to accommodate everyone. Once a month the choir sings at both the 8 and the 10:30.Then, I go to Sunday School inbetween. The choir director is our leader. So, I'm a 6 month at a time attendee. But boy, was I tired when I got home.Then I watched the Tampa Bay Buccaneer football game. I kept falling asleep every few minutes and waking up for a couple of minutes, then doze off again. Trevor took his nap after the game. I took a shower to wash my hair after my perm last week, and then he beat me at Scrabble--not by much though. I made an outstanding comeback.
I've been keeping track of the other board-Rich says he has a big suitcase I can stow away in when he goes back on our ship next Sept.=same week!
Yes, I'm excited to see my son-he comes every year. Now, if I could only get the other one down here. I haven't seen him in about 3 years when we were up in Dayton for Trevor's uncle's funeral. Kenneth met us for dinner at Dominics!
The one good thing about Jamie's visit this time, is that the Caribbean Princess will be in when we're down in Ft.Lauderdale. I'll get another picture of me somewhere near it!
Bye for now. I miss all of you!!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old November 22nd, 2004, 06:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning. My last post said Ashley not me. It was really me. She must have been signed on last at home so it said her. Yes you have the right flea market off 75. It has really grown. Lots of good bargins. I just got to work as I had to do a 24 hour test and could not drop it off at the hospital until 6:30, so now I will have to work late. Blah. Not much else going on. Talk to you later

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old November 24th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
Trevor passed his assessment "tests" at the bank yesterday and was told he should report to the downtown branch on Tuesday.So, on to step 2! He was talking to one of the tellers today who told him that he'll get paid for 40hours worth of training times regardless of whether he is ultimately hired. First, he'll get computer training, then will stand behind a seasoned teller for a week, then she will stand behind him for a week, and then, the final decision will be made. He says it's very similar to his training at the post office - when the computers were introduced there. Also, today, he ordered a book that tells everything one needs to know about being a bank teller/with a dictionary that goes with it. If nothing else, he'll be educated.
If he gets this job, then that will get us some additional income to pay down some MC debt, and give us some extra money for our cruise-date to be decided!

I stayed late at work today. My new boss, outstanding boss and I were working on the monthly calendars. It was the first time we've been together like this, with little interruption. Kind of nice, and productive. But, I forgot about choir practice. Whoops! Well, I know the music so no need to worry there. I called the church and the choir directors house so she'll know I'm OK.

That's it for now. I'm trying to eat and type. Take care,y'all! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old November 25th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!!! Love, ROSE

Old November 28th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Happy Sunday!
I weighed myself when I got up this morning. I've put on a pound eating all the leftover turkey and sitting around the house. What I need are several fast walking laps around the Promendade Deck!!!
Less than a month for you, J Bon! Lushes, your time is coming, too! I'll think of you in Ft. Lauderdale next week-although I think of all of you anyway-everyday!

Take care.I have to get ready for church!!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old November 29th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning. I have not checked out the boards all weekend as I have been SHOPPING. Boy am I tired. Friday Ashleya nd I were out at 5AM to Meijers, mall ect. then we went to Hara Arena Holiday Craft Show, boy that was fun. Sat. Angie, Ashley and I went to Metamora IN., have you ever heard of that? It is about 2 hours from here and every house is a craft store, it is all lit up for Christmas, buggy rides, Christmas songs playing, it was fun, then shopped in Cincinnati, then home. Then yesterday I went with Ron to Traders World again. I sure got my walking in. I cooked for Thanksgiving since Ashley had to work 7-7. We ate when she got there, then I sent ALL the food home with her. I didn't want it in the house!!!! I hate turkey anyway. I was surprised I had lost weight when I weighed in at weight watchers. I have lost 20 since the cruise. I am getting there, someday. I bet you are excited about next week, I know you will have fun. Tell the CP I said hello. I don't think there will be another cruise like her.

Tell Trevor good luck on his job.
Talk to you later have to get busy
Love Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old November 29th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
Yes, I have been to Metamora-on the train from Lebanon OH (home of the race track -and there's an excellent restaurant/hotel there named The Golden Lamb. I went on the train with my senior citizens from the church in Dayton, when we had an outing.Metamora is a neat little place. In fact, one of the kids on the carpet crew just moved down here from that area and was surprised that I knew about it.Small world.

I'm very familiar with Hara Arena, but more for two Kiss concerts I attended with Jamie, and an occasional boat/camper show with Trevor. Before moving to Centerville in anticipation of our move (25 miles closer to Florida), Trevor and I lived pretty close to Hara--Englewood.And, I'd lived in Northwest Dayton before that.

We are getting all kinds of cruise info in the mail. Trevor figures that if he gets the job and gets MC paid off, specifically, then we'll be able to book a cruise in 6 months. That's about average. Last year he surprised me by booking the CaribeP in February. We've booked as late as August before-for an Oct. Cruise. My philosophy-never say never!
Bye for now. I got up late today and it's 8AM already! Love, Lynne

Old December 1st, 2004, 06:53 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Happy December 1 ! Your countdown is coming right along!! Yours, too, J Bon.Just over a month for you now.
I was kind of disappointed at work yesterday. My co-worker in Activities on the Health Care Side (nursing home) was named Employee of the Month. It was like a slap in the face. My new boss apologized later, as she had put the gal's name up for consideration because she's been working so closely with her since she (boss) arrived. She never dreamed that the Dept. Heads would follow through with it. She promised me that after my current boss finally leaves there are going to be some major changes made.Carol is aware that I've been there for 6 years and have never even gotten a certificate for being nominated, which used to happen. My driver friend received one, once.(She later became an EOM, as well)I don't have a problem with my co-worker's performance-she deserves it-- but it came out of left field because no one in Activities has gotten it in several months.That says a lot for my outgoing, retiring boss.
I know I should be working because I enjoy it, am helping people, because it's a means to an end (paycheck), but I always invest so much of myself in these types of positions and I feel like I'm being totally overlooked most of the time. I had a spell like this last year when I was told by several of the Residents that they'd put my name into the nomination box--still I wasn't selected. I guess my reward comes from many of the Residents telling me they love me and hope I never leave.

My "release" of this teary feeling will subside over the next couple of days. I'm really looking forward to going to Ft. Lauderdale next week and seeing my son, and OUR ship!
Trevor went in for his bank interview yesterday. It will be another week before he knows anything. He's the first interview, and the only man who applied.He wasn't asked any technical questions, but more--"What would you do in a situation such as this, or tell us how you went out of your way to help a customer, relate how you reacted quickly in a crisis......".The Interviewers told him it would be a week to ten days before the final determination would be made. Things he has on his side are his experience behind a window at the Post Office, counting the money and bundling it for the Bank, etc and maturity. So, he told them that we have plans for the 8,9,10 ,but would be available immediately if they wanted him back.

That's it for now. I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet. The only things I do have are two shot glasses for my sons from the Caribbean Princess. They collect them. I used to buy them t-shirts when they were much younger!!

Have a great day, Y'all. Lynnie-ROSE

Old December 2nd, 2004, 06:23 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning! Lynnie-ROSE

Old December 4th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hope you're all doing well. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old December 6th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Such a busy weekend. Finished up my Christmas shopping, wrapped presents, cleaned the house then decorated it for Christmas. We are going to cut down the Christmas tree Wed. as Ashley has to work until 7pm each day till then. I am ready to get a fake one, but Ashley loves the tradition of cutting it down.
Great news, I went back to the Dr. about my kidney stones, and I don't have any in there. Yeah. I was so thankful. I do have to start taking medicine 3 times a day. The hardest part is trying to remember to take it 1 hour before I eat. Hopefully I will get use to it.

I hope you have a great time with your son, and enjoy the beach in FL. Tell the CP hello for me.

My countdown is going real fast.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 6th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning!
It's 7:57AM already.The time goes too fast when I sleep in to 7:00!
Trevor got his job at the bank! He got the call last night (weird time) and was told that he would be starting off filling in for tellers during their lunch break. Today he has to call the certain place and give them a special code-it is to schedule a drug test.He says he's not going to take any of his meds first! He'll call AFTER tennis-first things first!
The starting pay is $9/hr, which is more than I make!
He is to start next Monday, so he'll get to go down to Ft. Lauderdale with me this week. We were concerned about the timing. None too soon-he just ordered a new windshield for his scooter, and another part so it will start each time.

I most certainly will give the CP your regards. Hi to the other Bon Girls,and, Hi, J Bon, if you happen to be tuning in!! You don't have too much longer to go now!!
Bye. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old December 6th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Girls!!!

Hope all is well.

J Bon

Golden Princess Here WE Come!!!
Old December 6th, 2004, 09:42 PM
bridget

Default Re: Re: Bon Girls Are Back

I enjoyed reading all your posts, sounds like good friends sharing life experiences and cruise dreams! lovely.
sound like you are close to me, I am in Columbus and counting down til my next cruise! it will be my 39th!
yeah!
if I can only lose 20 pounds in 7 wks
Old December 7th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Admiral

Hi Bon, Lynne and welcome Bridget. You can chime right on it if you want to. Bridget when is your next cruise? I live in Springfeld, and Lynne used to live in Dayton and now lives in sunny Flordia. I am about to go on my 7th cruise to celebrate my 50th birthday. I can't wait. So Bridget you have been on 39 cruises. That is Heaven!!!! Where did you like best, and if you have been to St. Marrten, what shouldn't I miss.

J-Bon HELLO!!!! What have you been up to? And what about Spook? We used to have such great times with both of you, you must check in from time to time. We miss our leader. I know you are really getting excited now. You are almost to a month. WOW. I remember when you were way up there. You can start to smell the ocean now. Please be sure to let us know all the fun you had when you get back, and let me know what to do when I get there.

Lynne, tell Trevor congrats on his job and welcome back to the working world. There goes all the dinners fixed when you get home. I am glad he is going to get to go with you.

Must go for now, got to get busy. Have a great day

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 7th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
Welcome Bridget! Hello, J Bon. I've been looking in on your cruise thread from time to time. The Roll Call from our September cruise is becoming less active, as my group has found other ships or have put their pictures in the scrapbook and closed the cover. It's kind of sad. I'm glad I have Carol to keep corresponding wth me, and the other Bon Girls from time to time.This is like my daily fix, and my "pen pal" club!!

My son, Jamie, will be arriving at 9:10 tomorrow morning in Ft. Lauderdale from Columbus, OH.. I can hardly wait-both to see him, and, to get down there! This will be like a mini-vacation.The temp is supposed to stay in the low 80's- high 70's through Friday.Then the cold snap will hit and we'll be down nearer 70. However, that is still warm to him. We have to cross the 17th St Causeway Bridge to get to our motel, so I'll be checking out the ship traffic everyday.The big day will be Saturday!!! I'll look for you at the rail of the Terrace Pool area, Carol!!!--If our ship has backed in, that is. If not, I'll scout along the Riviera Deck.

With being gone for 3 days, I have to make sure my ducks are in order during my absence at work. I have my skeleton activities covered-and there will be more general ones for them to attend off their floor--the more alert ones.

Take care for today. Carol, it was nice to see Rich check in on our roll call board last night.I wish I could still reserve space in his extra suitcase. But, who knows. If Trevor's job brings us some extra cash, then maybe......... Bye. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old December 7th, 2004, 08:52 PM
bridget

Default Re: Re: Bon Girls Are Back

Hi, thanks for welcoming me
I leave for my next cruise january 29 on a cruise line I have never been on , nor heard of anyone going on. it is MSC cruises. It is an Italian line. I am curious.
Many european cruisers

it goes to e. carrib. ( ST Thomas( love going over to St John- Cinnamon beach), st croix, san juan , ...
Carol,Have not been to st martin is a long time so can't provide any insight,
what have been your favorite cruise lineS? I have to admit, I enjoy the ship life the most, at this point not particular about where we dock.
can't wait to leave this rainy gray columbus weather!
Bridget
Old December 8th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning Lynne and Bridget. Lynne, I know you will have a great time in FL. You know if you don't see me on the ship, look for me at the dog races!!!!

No Bridget I have never heard of that cruise line, you will have to tell me how you like it. I am leaving on the 30th of January, Eastern.
Must get busy. Lynne be careful out there and talk to you when you get back. You can tell me all the fun stuff you did.
Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 11th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
We got home this afternoon.
Our ship came in today!! And, no, I didn't get up to see it arrive-have done that coming and going!! She was backed in so I think I saw a glimpse of you and the rest of us along that back rail over on the Ship's left, and my right, looking across the Channel.We took Jamie down to see the Ship and showed him where Skywalker's was, and where the Movies Under the Stars would be. So far, he's not overly impressed-but-he hasn't been on a major cruise yet, either.
Boy, the Ft. Lauderdale Airport is really small compared to the one in Orlando! There is more to the parking garages than there is to the Airport Building itself. I met a gal while I was waiting who had graduated from Ohio State University and knows Columbus quite well. She was waiting for her mother. We had a nice chat, and after they got their luggage,we waved to each other. It's like "angels" meeting each other along the way!

We discovered the Imax Theater (Blockbuster) and got to see "The Polar Express"
in 3-D.That was pretty neat. I closed my eyes in a couple of places as the train was going down the tracks.In some scenes it was like being in the front seat, of the front car of a roller coaster. Now, I haven't gotten seasick, but felt I couldn't handle that roller coaster sensation.

I'll write more later. BTW, my computer thermometer says 50 degrees outside. Brrr.The temps were in the 80's in Ft. L all week. It was 78 when we left at 1PM today to come home. It's supposed to be in the 60's all week (low-60's!).Still warm to you-downright chilly for us. Out come my turtlenecks and sweaters.
J Bon- have you and Spook been involved in all the heavy snow out your way????

Goodnight. It's going on 10PM. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old December 13th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Admiral

Welcome back Lynne. I hope you had a great time with Jamie. Hope you did some fun things. Trevor will be going to work soon huh? Tell him I said good luck. It is 34 and snowing here. Just flurries, but cold. We went to the Columbus zoo yesterday and seen the lights. Over 2 million, it was really pretty. They have a baby elephant 8 months old, he was sooooo cute as well as the baby monkeys. We had fun. Went with some of my Great neices and nephews. Makes it more fun going with little ones. Must get busy, always busy on Mondays ya know. Take care

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 13th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning!
It's now going on 8AM. Trevor had to get up and turn on the heat in the middle of the night. It was 73 in the house during the evening but down below 70 later and neither of us could sleep. My feet were like two pieces of frozen fish! He turned the temp UP to 72 which caused the heat to come on. Much better. That made it harder to get up this AM!

I'll send you a picture tonight of our ship and me. I wanted to be on her so badly!

Trevor's not sure if or when he'll be working.The woman never called back after his drug test. Now, he's very anxious and apprehensive. He did beat me handily at one game of Scrabble last night,though. But I got him the second game.

Better go. The clock is ticking! Take care, Y'all. Lynnie-ROSE
PS. Our high on Wed will be 59 down here. BRRRRRRRRR.

Old December 16th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Admiral

Just wanted to say good morning. Not much going on with me. Our administrator is getting transfered to another facility in Dayton, we are all sick about that. She is just wonderful. We are getting a new administrator Monday, a guy I hate breaking in with a new boss. Must get busy. Hope you have a great day

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 16th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi,
It's going on 8AM and just want to say hello back. The holidays are upon us at work.Very tiring. Tonight is the Employee Party and I'm just thinking of staying around to get my Christmas money from the Residents and coming home. I ate there the other night and ended up having some kind of reaction. On the way home, I got the red, itchy bumps that I somehow get. Now, I know that they're not bug bites.

Better go. It's 8AM and it's donut run day.Bye. Lynne
There are a lot of changes in our facility, too. Some of the long term workers have been ushered out.

Old December 20th, 2004, 04:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning hope you had a good weekend. Yesterday, I didn't get out of my PJ's, it felt great. Curled up on the couch and watched Christmas movies. It sure is cold here today. 2 degrees out there right now with the high of 21. I am sure your are glad your in Flordia. So, how does Trevor like his job? What do you have planned for Christmas? Angie and her husband are going to Mississippi where his Mom lives for Christmas so we are having Christmas with them on Wednesday. Today is the residents Christmas party so I will be helping with that. Santa will come and they will have a brunch. We adopt a resident and buy them gifts, it is fun to watch them. Well must get busy. Take care

Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 25th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Bridget

Default Re: Re: Re: Bon Girls Are Back

Merry Christmas
Old December 26th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Merry Christmas to you Bridget. Our posts were getting to long so Lynne started a new one called Caribbean Bon Bon check it out and join right on in. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09