Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2004, 03:30 PM
noslen3333

Default cozumel taxi service

I am leaving Oct. 10th on the Norwegian Dream. We stop in Cozumel but I don't know where we dock. Anyway, would love to go to Mr. Sanchos but don't know the ins and outs of taxi service there. We are 2 woman in our 50's and I figure that we could easily catch a taxi from the cruise port but how easy is it to catch a taxi back to the cruise ship from Mr. Sanchos? Do the taxi just wait there for riders?

Also this applies to Chankuaab (probably misspelled) Park. Do taxi's wait there for passengers? I speak no Spanish so hailling a cab is probably out of the question..lol

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: cozumel taxi service

We were just in Cozumel on the Carnival Conquest. At the pier, the taxis are lined up and there is a gentleman that helps you get the taxi. Prices are posted for various places (we had 2 adults and 3 children, they say the taxis are for 4 passengers but the gentleman told us that it would be 14$ for all 5 of us and he told the taxi driver that), price posted for paradis beach where we went was $3 pp with 4 in cab, so we only paid $2 for the extra one. Anyway, taxis were waiting to give rides back and I suspect they will be at Mr. Sanchos as well as it is a popular place and at Chakanaab. No problem, getting taxis.
Old October 5th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

When we were at Chankanaab Park there were taxis lined up at the entrance to take people back to the ship with a gentleman there to get the taxi for you and tell the driver where you were going.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old October 5th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Hi
Very easy to get a taxi in Cozumel.
Don't worry it will be safe and they all speak english.
We went to Mr Santoes and like it better than Chankanaab Park. Food is good. don't drink the water !! or iced drinks. Bottle water or sodas.
Carole
Old October 6th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Admiral

We just got back from Mr. Sanchos. We were on the Sept 18 CP. We just took a taxi they were at the end of the peir accross the street. It cost $15 to get there total not per person. There were three of us girls. WE HAD A BLAST!!! I really liked it because it was not crowed. There were shops, drinks, restraunt everything you would want. We went 4 wheeling in the rain forest and on the beach. It was awesome. It was soooo much fun. It was $30. They also have horse back riding and wave runners. You can snorkle or just get a float. If you want to know anything else let me know. We ported early and we got there probally about 9 to 9:30 and we went through the little shops ect. There are maybe about 6-8 of them selling Mexico goods. Have fun!!!!!

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old October 6th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Beginner

Just remember to ask the taxi driver for a price before you go. I went to Chankanaab Park and it only cost us $10 from the downtown pier which is farthest of the 2 piers in Cozumel.
Old October 6th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Yeoman

Be sure also to take small bills with you. The taxi drivers are known for "not having change".
Old October 6th, 2004, 04:40 PM
noslen3333

thank you all for your help. Such an adventure for 2 ole ladies!!! I am not worried anymore. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.
Old October 7th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Admiral

The prices are posted on a board, but we did ask before we left with him. It takes about 10 min to get there. Have a GREAT TIME

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old October 7th, 2004, 04:18 PM
lomayalo

There are taxis everywhere. You won't have a problem at all. They'll be waiting for you when you get off the ship. It's around $12-$15 for a taxi to Mr Sanchos from town. Just ask the driver the price when you first get in the taxi.
Old October 9th, 2004, 03:42 PM
esd

When we went to Cozumel on the Norwegian Sea a couple of years ago, we docked right downtown! Our other Western Caribbean cruises (2 RCCL an 1 Carnival) all docked in an area where, yes, a cab is necessary to get anywhere. I don't know if that is where all NCL ships dock (do they know somebody?) or what, but having the ship right there was very nice! We got back on at one point and just walked off to do more shopping again later!

On another trip (when we docked at the other area) we took a cab ($5 for both of us each way) to Chankanaab Park. Taxi's were abundant at each end! It was then $10 each to get into the park and it was a very nice day/experience.

Have fun!