Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Phil & Liz

Default Belize

Hi,
On Elation 10/24/04 going to Belize.
We can't decide what to do there.
Has anyone been? What about http://www.seasportsbelize.com/snorkeling.html

It looks like a good service.

Thanks

Phil & Liz
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Belize

My favorite thing to do in Belize is the cave tubing. It is great fun and not like any other tour you may ever take in your life. We did it last November and will do it again this coming December when we're on the Norwegian Sun just before Christmas.
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

We have a tour booked with a guide that was recommended on this web site. His name is Nacho and gave us a wonder trip for the cave tubing. His e mail is:
Kip2299yahoo.com
Please read the post that Todd Williams wrote on 9/12/04 titled; Belize excursion/Cave tubing.
You will not be disapointed.
Have fun
Carole
Old October 21st, 2004, 07:31 PM
Beginner

We did the Shark Ray Alley excursion when we were there last December. It was the greatest! You get in a boat right off the ship and ride about 30 minutes or so through mangrove fields to an island where you stop and get your snorkel gear. They drove us to areas where there were dolphins that even did a little "show" for us. Then you go to the reef where they throw food in the water and the nurse sharks and rays swim right up to the boat for a great photo op. When the people start getting in the water, the sharks and rays go back to the bottom. You get to snorkel around for about 45 minutes. I would advise you to use the provided life jacket around your waist. That way you can just float around and enjoy the FABULOUS scenery. My husband didn't and wished that he did. After snorkeling, they take you to an island where you get lunch and a hour or so to wander around the town. Then the boat takes you right back to the ship. I would highly recommend this excursion... It was probably the greatest excursion we've ever taken.
Old October 25th, 2004, 05:07 PM
First Mate

We were there in August and did the city / zoo tour. We originally booked the Biking in Belize tour but it was canceled because my son and I were the only 2 on the boat who signed up for it. Anyway, we truly enjoyed the city / zoo tour. It's not a zoo like we here in the states are used to though.. You are out in jungle type surroundings on dirt and gravel path, so if you do choose this, remember to bring bug repellant and wear comfortable shoes. Hope this helps.
Old October 29th, 2004, 09:15 PM
elationismyship

We did the zoo tour in April (4/4/04) of last year - so freakin' hot (and I don't curse) that you couldn't enjoy anything. If you go in April, for the love of God, make sure whatever you do it's in the water . . . . :-) I'm serious!
Old October 30th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Yeoman

We went on the River Wallace/Altun Ha excursion. That was September. I have to agree it was so stinkin HOT that I had a hard time enjoying the Altun Ha excursion.
I saw video' on the ship of the cave tubing and really wished we had done that one. Everyone looked like they were having a blast! If I went back, I'd do that again hands down. We did like what we did, but wished we would have done something with the water. OUrs did give us two different things to do. We took a boat ride and saw the wild life down the river...took in a wonderful lunch they made for us along the river...then got on the bus to vist Altun Ha ruins. If you can get past the heat, then maybe you'd enjoy it. Remember it's not just the heat, but humidity as well. We went mid September, maybe it wouldn't be as bad at the end of October???

Just not a place you can wander off and do your own thing. But book an excursion for sure and try and stay cool.

Have fun whatever you decide to do. But the cave tubing is the most popular. I think a lot of people used Reggie from what I remember on this site. YOu can always do a search for him. Much cheaper than going through the ship.

Happy Cruisin'
Old November 2nd, 2004, 09:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to CeCe
Default Re: Re: Belize

See Tracker
Have you been on your cruise and the excursion with "Nacho"?
Old November 3rd, 2004, 08:55 AM
Melissa Pasquantonio

Cave Tubing for sure!!!
Old November 3rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
MarthaP

We went cave tubing with X-Stream Cave Tubing Company and it was incredible. I'd have to say that it was the tour of Belize.

Our friends who traveled with us used the same company and booked the Lamanai Mayan ruins tour and also said it was incredible. They went by boat down a river , they saw a crodile/aligator(not sure which on) sunny on shore and then they said the ruins were amazing too. Somewhere in there they also saw some monkeys so it did sounds like quite an amazing trip too....but I still loved the caves;-)!!
Old November 8th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Admiral

Amytx, If you see this post-could you let me know which excursion did you do:was it booked through the ship or privately?? And the name of the company? Thank-you.