Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2004, 01:37 PM
Chris209

Default Champagne Catamaran vs Buck Island vs private charter

We (2 adults and 2 kids-all experienced snorkellers and swimmers) will be in St Thomas in a few months on the Costa Atlantica and are trying to decide what to do. We want to snorkel, and sail and see some of the beaches . We are trying to decide between the champagne catamaran excursion which goes to Honeymoon Beach; the Buck Island excursion which is on a 6 person sailboat (my main concern is it says that you learn to sail the boat- I don't want to sail it- just want to relax!!) or booking a trip with one of the local providers (Interline). The ship's excursions are actually cheaper but I would like to hear people's opinions as I would really like to make this day special. Does anyone have any experience with the champagne catamaran- my main concern is how crowded it might be and whether it gets a little crazy with people drinking too much champagne or punch!! Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links