Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2004, 04:06 PM
kathy t.

Default ship excursion vs doing it on own

I was reading another site and the majority of cruisers to St. Thomas that want to go to St. John think this is one time when the ship's excursion may pay off. You are guaranteed to make it back on time, the price is close to the same. The only downfall is you have to leave when they say. Any opinions?
Kathy T.
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2004, 04:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: ship excursion vs doing it on own

We chartered a daysail out of St. Thomas with Fantasy Daysail and it was fantastic! Pam and Brian only take up to 6 passengers so it was really personal and they were very much aware of the time that we all had to be back for our ships. We had a full day on the water and plenty of time to make our liquor purchases when we got back to the dock area. We spent the day sailing and snorkeling at a very private beach. Pam and Brian also provided plenty of rum punch , snacks and lunch. A friend of our son took the same trip when they cruised to St. Thomas and said it was the highlight of their trip.
Old October 26th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Thoth

Default Re: ship excursion vs doing it on own

In 2002 I did the ship's tour on HAL and just loved it. To me it's a wonderful island and so far my favorite Caribbean Island. The tour I was on was aboard a "safari bus".