Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2004, 08:45 AM
valtime

Default Barbados

Anyone with some good suggestions of what to do in Barbados. We have done the downtown area etc. and would like to spend the day sightseeing or beaching. Anyone have experience with car rentals or hiring a driver?
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2004, 01:27 PM
hcat

Default Re: Barbados

We took an excursion that included Sunbury plantation, a historic church with great views & Gun HIll signal station & gardens--it gave you a great overview, saw quite a bit & learned alot about history there. Next trip we would try to get to the oher Gardens & see a bit more out in the country- It is an amazingly beautiful place-so much open space..-wish we had more time to explore beaches etc. The main town itself was not that impressive...
Old October 24th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You can also do an excursion or take a cab out to Harrisons Caves, very interesting...We just hired a cab to take us there and then to Boatyard Beach, which is very close to the pier, we actually just walked back once it started raining. Nice restaurant, chairs, jet skis, etc.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 26th, 2004, 03:07 PM
rp

Default Barbados tours

We've not got a lot of time in Barbados when Oceana arrives and before the evening flight - how long do you need to get to Harrisons caves (and back!) and any idea of cost? $US ?

anywhere else you'd recommend as a taste of the island?
Old October 26th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Barbados tours

The ride out to Harrisons caves is at least half an hour to 45 minutes...I forgot the cost, but the driver did wait for us to take the tour and then dropped us off at the beach. It was nice just going when we wanted to and not waiting for a large group.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 29th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Mary Thompson

From what I have read on another board, Boyce Tours is suppose to do a really nice job. There is also several posts about Glory Tours. Having not been there myself, I dont have an insite to this personally.
Old October 30th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Barbados

I would suggest The Silver Moon catamaran. Very reasonable, great service, food, etc. and not many people are booked for each trip. We plan on doing it again next July...it's one of the best excursions we've ever been on!
Old November 1st, 2004, 04:00 PM
Good Evans

Last Christmas when in Barbados myself, hubby and two children took a taxi from our hotel near the race track to Harrisons Cave, she waited and brought us back (it's out in the middle of nowhere) and the cost was $95ish return (Barbados $) then what we tipped her on top. It was nice for us at the time (staying the 14 nights), but quite a drive to the caves, yep, nice to see, but really only underground for half an hour. When we stayed the previous year at Club Rockley, everyone raved Ted's Tours?? He took you all over Island and apparently very funny guy?? We liked the catamaran trip , Timara/Tall waves, (3 hours), stopped off at two snorkelling sites and swam onto Sandy Lanes beach...but I guess getting off cruise ship, water trip is last thing on your mindt !!! The submarine (gosh, water again!!) was a waste of money... Cayman a better sub experiance... and the aquarium at the "Atlantis" in Bahamas was amazing. Even before you enter the underground aqua ium you walk over a bridge and underneath is masses of sting rays in the most beautiful colour water.
Old November 1st, 2004, 04:46 PM
strawberry lane

We did the sea turtle & shipwreck snorkel through carnival. (on destiny 2/04 san jaun/st thomas/dominica/barbados/aruba) This was one of the best excursions we did the entire trip. The crew ws very lively & entertaining to say the least. Lots of fun!
Old November 9th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Passenger

Having done both Glory Tours and Boyce Tours, I would say you can't go wrong with either one. Check out their websites and you can almost pick what you would like to see by designing your own tour! They both are willing to work with the customers to make sure they are satisfied.