Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Yeoman

Default Capt' Marvins- Making it there on time

I see from Capt' Marvins website that you have to be there by 9:15 to go on the 10:00 tour. We leave at 4:00 on the Mariner, so can't take the later excursion. We dock at 8:00 am and concerned that we can't get tendered over and walk to the place we meet by that time.
Does it take a long time to get off the ship and over there? Has anyone done the morning excursion with him and not had any problems with the time? We're doing the 1/2 day excursion from 10:00-1:00...
Just don't want to be charged my cc if I can't make it in time. They say they don't charge it if the ship can't make it there.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Capt' Marvins- Making it there on time

when we were there we did not tender but got off pierside --its about a 10min walk up the avenue to get to the yellow building-----------if you tender in it may take longer depending on where you are dropped off

Old October 30th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Admiral

That time frame sounds about right. We are booked with Nativeway and they are requesting the exact same time frame. They have to give an early time so people will get moving. You would be surprised how slow some folks can be and they expect the tour to wait for them no matter how late they show up! We too are on Mariner and tenders should be running steadily by that time. There will be 4 ships in port too including the Mariner on the 11th. That can cause some congestion on land since they are all good size ships.
Bon Voyage
Old October 30th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Yeoman

Interesting..I thought all the ships were tendered in? Is it because the Mariner is so large?? Well, guess I'll book it and just get off asap.

Thanks!
Old October 31st, 2004, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Capt' Marvins- Making it there on time

ALL SHIPS ARE TENDERED in Grand Cayman. When are you going? Right now due to extensive damage in Grand Cayman not all ships are stopping.
Old November 6th, 2004, 10:20 PM
cruiser1999

We were in Grand Cayman on 11/2. They just started accepting ships November 1st. Our ship anchored at 7, and we got off the boat and to the island by 8ish (they let the ship's excursions off first.. that was not us). It just a short walk to Captain Marvins. We still had time to check out the area before the bus left for the excursion. As long as you are allowed off your ship shortly after 8, you should have no problem. It only takes a few minutes to tender in, and less than 10 mins to walk to Captain Marvins. We used them for our snorkel/stingray trip and HIGHLY recommend them! They did a great job. Grand Cayman's water/snorkeling is beautiful. I wish that we could go back! Email if you have any further questions. fbe2228@sbcglobal.net
Old November 7th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Yeoman

Thanks all! We're leaving the 5th of DEc...Going to be at GC on the 9th. Got our docs and it says we're going! I expected we would since they're allowing others as well.
Sounds like I won't have a problem getting there on time.

Thanks again