Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2004, 10:46 PM
Passenger

Default Ruins at the falls, jamaica???

I read about the Ruins at the Falls on RC's shore tours guides, but I really don't want to go with the ship. Does anone have information about it or how to find it? Please help I have searched and searched and can only find information when it's included in a tour but I would love to get direct information.

Post Edited (11-28-04 00:24)
Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2004, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Ruins at the falls, jamaica???

Dunns River Falls??? I don't recall any ruins at these falls
Old November 3rd, 2004, 08:53 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Ruins at the falls, jamaica???

no, not Dunn's River Falls. I read about Ruins at the Falls included in a tour with Dunn's River Falls. It is explained as a 40 ft waterfall with a shallow pool. There is natural wirlpools that you can relax in, and gardens and native fruits that you can sample! I have already been to Dunn's River Falls but these other falls sound good too.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 09:41 PM
First Mate

vacationseeker,
I was there on RC in 04/24/04
you also have me stumped ! There were a few old stone buildings and a home built in the early 1900's at the Enchancent Gardens tour, Oh! Mannn I will go back and check my videos ( I did on the island)
Old November 3rd, 2004, 09:50 PM
Beginner

I think you may be talking about the restaurant The Ruins at the Falls. I have not eaten there but did have my picture taken there a few years ago when I was in Ocho Rios on a cruise. I was just in Ocho Rios for a week in September and if memory serves me correctly it is not far from the pier. I found their website for you. www.ruinsjamaica.com

I would suggest getting a cab to take you there. I can recommend a great driver who could pick you up at the pier, take you to The Ruins, and anywhere else around Ochi you would like to go. You can contact him at richietours@yahoo.com. We used him all week in September, he was very reasonably priced and took great care of us.

Have a great time.

Post Edited (11-03-04 21:54)
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Admiral

vacationseeker, since you aren't exactly sure what this is, i would call your TA and ask her just to clarify it. A great tour operator to go with is Peat Taylor - i bet that if you e-mailed him with this question he would be able to help you.
Old November 5th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Peat Taylor

I am a private shuttle operator that does shuttle to the Ruins, the Dunn's River, Fern Gully, River tubing etc. and it will be a pleasure taking you. Just email me and i will send you the itenary.
Old November 9th, 2004, 04:47 PM
seabee

The Ruins is a restaurant in Ocho rios that isn't very far from the pier...but I wouldn't walk; there are no sidewalks and the streets are narrow.

Peat took us there after our tour to Dunns River. You pay one price (I think it was $14 per person) for a good buffet and all the beer you want. There are some falls there, a nice garden and a local band playing. the house is used for wedding parties etc and is nice. the owner is Larry, of Chinese ancestory who has been in Jamaica his whole life. Great guy who will probably take some time to visit your table. It was fun.
Old November 9th, 2004, 10:09 PM
sweet face

go with Peat taylor and is son. they do a complete tour which includes(Dunn's river falls, the ruins resturaunt,the highlight tour, fern gullyand river tubing). $30 per person for the dunns and highlight fern gully and seperate $20 dollars if you want to go tubing
Old November 21st, 2004, 06:17 PM
Passenger

I'd assume it's Dunn River Falls...
So, you take a cab to the falls for like $10...I'm not sure about any ruins.