Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2004, 09:14 AM
DebC

Default Scuba in Cozumel for certified divers?

A few friends have advised us that sometimes cruise lines cancel excursions for certified scuba divers, due to low turnout. If not enough people register for an excursion, it gets cancelled because it's not cost effective. One person from our group is certified and really, REALLY is counting on going diving in Cozumel. Does anyone recommend a dive shop offering good scuba tours that we can book with directly in Cozumel? We want to ensure that short of bad weather, he'll get to go scuba diving!

Thanks - DC
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to Dave Pearce Send a message via Yahoo to Dave Pearce
Default Re: Scuba in Cozumel for certified divers?

Below is a website with a list of the dive locations in Cozumel. I was on the Voyager of the Seas in 2002 and I took the cruise dive excursion with Sand Dollar Sports. I had a great dive and some of the guys on the excursion said the diving in Cozumel was better (water was clear) then in Grand Caymen. They may also have a diver with a video camera with you and offer you a tape (to be mailed to you I believe) for an additional charge.

Hope you have a good vacation and a great dive.

http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/li...s/general.html

http://www.sanddollarsports.com

Ruby Princess - Nov 11-18, 2012
Monarch Of the Seas - Oct 18-22, 2010
Radiance Of the Seas - Oct 14-19, 2009
Sovereign Of the Seas - Sept 26-29, 2008
Explorer Of the Seas - May 15-22, 2005
Voyager Of the Seas - May 19-26, 2002
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:54 AM
wes

We are using Chellie & Antonio at Eagle Ray Divers; www.eagleraydivers.com
They get exceptional reviews on the CC board..and handle all types of certified/
new divers..they are extremely cruise friendly...r/wes
Old November 17th, 2004, 07:04 PM
First Mate

Hubby and I can also give "thumbs up" for Eagle Ray Divers mentioned above.

Old November 18th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Mike in Pgh

Another vote for Eagle Ray Divers. They are very accomodating and our entire group had a great time.
Old November 19th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Saka

We dove with Eagle Ray Divers last year from a cruise with Holland. I had prearranged the dive with them and when we got there, we found it was just my wife and I directly with Antonio. My wife had been certiifed at one time but had not kept it up and we both had done a resort course about a year before that in St Lucia. He went through a refresher with us and took us out for two different dives of about 45 minutes each. Even though we did not go below 30 feet or so ( since we were not certified) they were spectacular. At the second dive we came across another dive group of 15 or 20. He guided us across an small open area to move to a different reef. He told us later he figured that we would rather see the undersea wildlife rather than other divers. We appreciated that. Plus we got to see a gorgeous ray on the way over to the other reef.

We had a great time and can only image what diving there would be like as certified divers. I would recommend Antonio and Chellie.