Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Passenger

Default E. Caribbean excursion ideas??

Our family is going on a Dec 11 cruise. Three kids, 15, 13, 9. Any ideas for fun excursions on a small budget??? St. Thomas, St Maarten, Nassau, San Juan..

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: E. Caribbean excursion ideas??

I'm not big on San Juan, But, I have ideas for your other 3 stops. Go to the beach, go to the beach, go to the beach.
St Thomas. Take a taxi to Maegans Bay, Coki Beach, or Saphire Beach. You will get a nice island "tour" on the way there and back. Maegens Bay is the most popular beach on St Thomas. Postcard beautiful. It is a park, there is a few dollar per person entrance fee. Snorkelling is bad. But it is a gorgeous beach and nice calm water. Can get crowded if there are several ships in. Saphire and Coki have no admission charges, plenty of vendors, rentals food, etc. Both have "walkin snorkelling". All three are great family beaches. Shopping downtown or at Havensight Mall (adjacent to terminal) is the best in the Caribean.
St Martin. Does Mom like to shopping and not had enough in St Thomas? Then Main Street in Phillipsburg is just the place. Rivals St Thomas, some even like it better.
Family can conceivably go to the beach right in town behind the shops on Great Bay.
I like Dawn Beach. Dutch side of the island, family beach located in an area surrounded by condo and upscale home. Facilities and rentals are available.
This beach attracts locals, upscale tourists, criuise passengers, but no where near the crowds of the very popular Orient Beach (French side). Remember that this is a European "flavored" island and Dutch or French side you MAY encounter a topless sunbather or two.
Nassau. Take a cab out to Cable Beach. Beach is public and there are vendors plying the beach. Some hotels will let you on property to use bathroom facilities and purchase food at thei restaurants.,
Old November 23rd, 2004, 09:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to dawnrn1

In St Thomas contact godfrrey tours, he was the best! we had shopping, sight seeing and the beach all for 25 pp. It was all day and he watched your stuff when we were shopping and at the beach. I emailed him and set it all up and he meet us at the pier.

Old November 24th, 2004, 12:25 AM
Terri Ann

Cole Country,

We will be in St. Thomas on Carnival Valor in early January. I took the great advice from the cruise mates and booked a tour with Godfrey. I e-mailed him and he replied within 24 hours. He meets you at the ship, takes you downtown to shop or whatever and will meet us at 12 noon (ship time) downtown and then you start the island part of the tour. The island sightseeing part of the tour is 2 hours. We then have the option of going to one of 3 beaches for 2 hours. He will then return us to the ship. He will pick you up at your ship at either 9, 10 or 11 am to take you downtown. The price is $20.00 per person and you pay him at the end of the tour. It breaks down like this: 1, 2, or 3 hours downtown, 2 hour island tour, and if you want, 2 hours at a beach to swim or snorkel. For $20.00!!! I have not read one negative thing about Godfrey. I understand he takes you to very scenic areas of the island for those "Kodak moments." We opted to be picked up at 10 am and for the beach time. We should be back at the ship around 4pm. Just an idea that is an excellent price and covers what we want to do.

Terri Ann
VALOR 01/02/05
Old November 28th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Passenger

Try Godfrey Tours he's GREAT! Shopping ,tour and the beach for $20:00
Old November 28th, 2004, 06:24 PM
cruisinwiththekids

Default Re: Re: E. Caribbean excursion ideas??

Do you have an e-mail address for Godfrey tours, it sounds like the thing to do. We'll be sailing on the Carnival Glory on December 11-18.
Old November 28th, 2004, 06:39 PM
First Mate

Old December 1st, 2004, 09:40 AM
Passenger

Thank you all for your advice! I will contact Godfrey and see whats up.

Cruisin with the kids... where are you going??? Those are our sailing dates, though we will be on the Century. What ages are you sailing with? Have you cruised before??