CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean & Panama Canal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/)
-   -   Blue Lagoon? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/252231-blue-lagoon.html)

iluv2teach58 November 22nd, 2004 03:57 PM

Blue Lagoon?

We have reservations for the dolphin encounter using Blue Lagoon. I am trying to switch the encounter to a swim as I double thought the $$ versus "its a vacation" LOL!
Anyone have any experience with Blue Lagoon. Appreciate any feedback.

Carol B November 23rd, 2004 04:55 AM

Re: Blue Lagoon?

We did the swim with the dolphins there in 2002. Don't waste your money on the encounter, do the swim. The most exciting thing I have ever done, well worth the money atleast once. The encounter you just touch them. the swim you get in the water, you dance with them touch them and the last thing you do is play like a dead man in the water and the dolphins come up behind you and you go like superman throught the water. It is AWESOME!!!! You will LOVE it. We were in the wateer with them over a hour.

Mandy November 28th, 2004 07:03 PM

We were there this past Friday for the swim (booked independently of our cruiseship - which only offered the encounter). Only 79 degrees outside, and we all definitely used the wetsuits that were provided. We were on the 1:30 boat to Blue Lagoon (it ran about 10-15 min late), orientation, put on suits, break into your platforms (only ten per platform... there were three), and then the program.
Part One: In water the entire time for petting, hug, kiss (cheek and lips), 'dancing' by holding fins, and generic photo opportunity.
Part Two: The swim. Adults had a dolphin pushing on each foot. All I can say is WOW and it goes by FAST!!
Warm shower provided for afterwards in the restroom area. Hubby didn't want to do the swim so we booked him as an observer for $20 (included the ferry ride). We were back on the 4:00 ferry back, which first stopped at the ferry terminal on Paradise island and then it went on the the cruise ship dock (so all the cruise ship passengers just stayed on). Hubby was able to take awesome pictures from various places on the docks just above the platform - he took over 100. We still bought two from them afterwards (magnet pic $8 and a 4x6 in photo holder for $14). Definitely an awesome experience!!! But needless to say, there was absolutely nobody on the beach area of Blue Lagoon (you can see it from the ferry as you are arriving). We didn't even venture over that way. I hope to have pics updated to my webpage by the end of the week if you're interested. www.cmgoddard.com
The swim was definitely worth it!!

iluv2teach58 December 1st, 2004 12:07 PM

Re: Re: Blue Lagoon?

Thank you for reporting on your dolphin adventure. My daughter and I are set to do this on December 18th. I was wondering about the water temp. The wet suits kept you warm--? I thought about just being an observer but I thought nah! I want to get in the water with the dolphins! You only live once!
By the way...
You have a beautiful website! Very well done!

Thanks again. Greatly appreciated!

Carol B December 2nd, 2004 04:50 AM

Don't be the observer do the swim. The wet suits did keep you warm, it was amazing. I was just going to be a observer to then decided to swim and I am glad I did. I am not a little person and was afraid the wet suit would not fit me, but it did. Have fun.

iluv2teach58 December 2nd, 2004 11:32 AM

I was wondering if it was cheaper-faster-less hassle-to take a taxi or the ferry to Blue Lagoon?

Mandy December 2nd, 2004 07:04 PM

Hubby was not interested in swimmingwith dolphins at all, so he was more than content to be an observer for $20. It enabled him to take 100+ pictures of my swim and he was still close enought to communicate with me easily during the program. The $20 included his roundtrip ferry ticket with me. The wetsuit kept me warm just fine - it was 79 degrees that day. 2:00 swim program.

We took a taxi to the ferry terminal on Paradise Island. $10 plus $1 toll. Took maybe 5 minutes. Then got our tickets (prepaid months earlier) and waited for our ferry to Blue Lagoon. On the way back, they told cruiseship passengers to stay on the ferry as they would be returning us to the dock. Great view of the ships coming around that way, plus it saved us the $11 to get back (and cars looked really backed up on the bridge - it was close to "rush hour").