Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2004, 10:52 AM
Passenger

Default Beaches in Caribbean

Hi,

I am looking for a nice swimming beach on the west coast of Barbados, that is not the Boatyard?

Also any beaches for swimming in Antigua and St. Lucia(except for the Rex) would be great?

Please nothing to rough, as one my family member's can't swim

Thanks
CD
Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2004, 02:05 PM
cricket55

Default Re: Beaches in Caribbean

I have been to Barbados twice and still haven't found a nice beach there. I don't know if I'm going to all the wrong places or what, but I don't even particularly like Barbados at all. I don't know whal all the fuss is about, the taxi drivers (some not all) rip you off and the locals aren't particularly friendly (yelled at us for taking a picture of the town square) and very aggressive heckling by vendors and taxi drivers both at the pier and in town. Hope you have better luck. I can tell you NOT to go to the public beach next to the Colony Club hotel, that's where we went and it wasn't great.

Re Antigua, there is a nice beach not far from the pier. I can't remember the name of it but is is where the Sandals resort is located. The resort's beach isn't private so they share it with the public on this beach. Bars, waverunner rentals, etc. and very friendly locals and vendors that are not pushy at all.

Re St. Lucia, we didn't go to a beach at this island but our friends did and said it was beautiful. Wish I knew the name to tell you.

Hope this has been of some help.