Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2004, 11:22 AM
OhioT's

Default Cozumel: Chankanaab or Nachi Cocom?

Which place is better? We have 2 kids (10&4) and just want to lay around, eat, drink, and play..... without crowds.

Thanks and happy holidays!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cozumel: Chankanaab or Nachi Cocom?

Never heard of the second and we have been there at least a dozen times.
Jim

Old December 25th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Cozumel: Chankanaab or Nachi Cocom?

We stopped by Nachi Cocomon (Sp?) a year ago in Cozumel upon recommendation from someone and it looked good. We didn't stay long because we were looking to snorkel, but wanted to check it out. It came highly recommended from a friend and looked okay to us. Hear great things about Chakanaab, but haven't been there. I'm worried about crowds, too. Our favorite thing to do is rent a jeep/car - drive around the island, snorkel a little, lay out a little, sip a maragarita or corona and relax. I think we will probably Try Nachi Cocomon in Jan. when we go for relaxation.Jim Bragg wrote:
Old December 26th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to lreamer Send a message via Yahoo to lreamer

I have been to Cozemel twice and will be going again in January on the Sensation. I would highly recommend Chankanaab Park. It was a $10 taxi ride and $10 pp to get in. There is a small bath house not great but adiquit. It is reasonable to rent snorkle equipment there. There is also a bitanical garden which is a nice walk through and imitation aztec ruins. There is food to buy and a bar if you want (I did not try these). The beach is clean and the there is plenty of sand. You can snorkle right of fthe beach which has a slight clift to walk in. The snokling there was very good since I have never been able to do this off a beach before and actual see beautiful colored coral and fish. There were also other thing to do there. I beleive there is some kind of dolfin show (I think cost extra) and some other things (something like bunge jumping).
Old January 2nd, 2005, 03:44 PM
Mrsox

We stopped in at NachiCocum last year...nice, not crowded, pool, hot tub, clean restrooms, open air restaurant and bar, palapas and lounge chairs, small gist shop. You can also rent water play stuff and arrange for snorkeling and dive trips. Snorkeling is no good at the beach...not rocky enough. I've also heard good things about Paradise Beach which is next door (about a mile away...all the beach clubs are situated along the same side of the island). Renting a car worked well for us...very easy to get around....one major road. That way, if beach time gets boring after a few hrs, you can explore the less developed east side of the island...I recommend lunch at Coconuts...good food and amazing coastal views...relaxed and fun atmosphere.

Have fun!
-Angie