Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2004, 09:01 PM
FyrBoss

Default St.Thomas day-sailing experiences

We're scheduled for St. Thomas on Jan 20th aboard the MIllie, and are seriously intersted in taking a day-sail, snorkeling adventure. I'd be happy to hear from folks what they experienced, what boat they hired, how the day went etc.
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2005, 08:49 AM
M1Coates

Default Re: St.Thomas day-sailing experiences

Hi- we took a day sail from St Thomas to St John aboard a sail boat called Slo Dancing. Company was Interlinesail, with Captain Omar. Had a great time with fantastic snorkeling. We booked over the internet via their website, www.interlinesail.com . When we arrived at the dock at Red Hook, the Captain was waiting for us at the flagpole just as he said he would. He took us out to the boat in a dinghy, showing us all the different yachts as we went out A fun tour, although short. My DH loves boats, and he got to see all sizes of yachts, both large and small. Once we got on board, First Mate Jan welcomed us aboard with juice (and rum punch which we declined, opting instead for bottled water) and we were off. The weather was perfect, so we sat on the bow with Jan telling us about the island and pointing out sites along the way. Our first stop was Caneel Bay, which is just too pretty to describe. We were quickly in the water and snorkeling. Saw a great assortment of brightly colored fish, beautiful coral (which we did not touch) and then a big turtle just came swimming by. We stayed in the water for about an hour and half, then back on board for lunch. Jan made everything fresh; we had a choice of food and drinks, then we took off for our second snorkel stop. This stop was even better for snorkeling than the first. The place was called Christmas Island, and was a beautiful, calm water cove which had some of the best snorkeling ever. The day was too short for us, but we had to get back to our boat. As we were gathering up all our gear to leave, the Captain surprised us with a thank you card which had a picture of us inside. They had taken it and printed it out on board, which was a nice treat. We arrived back at the dock where a taxi was waiting to take us back to our ship. It was one of the nicest day trips we have ever taken. I suggest you book early with Interline, to ensure you get the boat Slo Dancing. Hope you enjoy your day in St Thomas as much as we did,
Old January 3rd, 2005, 08:55 AM
Luckyladyh

Default Re: Re: St.Thomas day-sailing experiences

I recently went on the "Lou" with Captain Max and had a wonderful time. Very personalized service to what we wanted, not what they wanted to give, which impressed me. They have a full gourmet lunch, drinks all day and snacks. It is beautifully prepared and presented with fresh fruit and fresh flowers. The sailboat was a beautiful restored wooden sailboat. Absolutely gorgeous.

Basically you take a cab down to Red Hook, and they meet you there. It is usually from around 9 to 3:30. It will be an experience you won't forget - snorkeling and swimming around the beautiful waters, in private cays.

Their e-mail is seamax@islands.vi if you want to talk with them. They do alot of work with the guests from hotels as well. We came in on a cruise ship, but they work with both. Good luck and have a great time. (In fact, it was so nice, that I will do a trip report on this board so that anyone going can look into it if they desire).

E-mail me with any questions. Their e-mail is www.sailwithcaptainmax.com I believe.