Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2004, 09:24 PM
George W

Default Cozumel: Best Snorkeling?

Hello,

I am trying to plan a day in Cozumel and I would really appreciate some insight from some experienced travelers. My friends and I would like to visit a couple of different beaches to enjoy some quality snorkeling and then maybe go parasailing or ride some wave runners. If there is still time after all this (we are there from 11:00 am - 11:00 pm) we were thinking about stopping by to scope out some Mayan ruins at San Gervasio. At night, we wanted to hang out at Carlos'n Charlies. Does anyone have any recommendation on which beaches have the best snorkeling and water sports - close to together, if possible? Do we have enough time to accomplish all this and still go shopping? The beaches we are considering are Chankanaab National Park, Nachi-Cocom, Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Cafe, Playasol, Playa Corona, and Dzul Ha. Also, how much do these beaches charge for admission and water sports? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

George
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2004, 10:06 PM
GM

Default Re: Cozumel: Best Snorkeling?

Those beaches are all very close to each other-Dzul Ha and Playa Carona are very good for snorkeling, small, but very nice. The water sports you're looking for can be found at San Francisco, Paradise and Mr. Sanchos. No charge for any of them as far as I know. We were there last week.
Old December 31st, 2004, 04:53 PM
babyjames

Default Re: Cozumel: Best Snorkeling?

George, have a look at this tour http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/J...eExcursion.htm it does the ruins and snorkeling by Chankanaab and a few other stops.

It mentions clear kayaks too that sound cool but I've never tried them, can you really see that well with them? I'm not that familiar with Cozumel so I really don't know all the beach locations so not really sure where this tour goes but we''re looking at it, might be a good way to see a lot in one day