Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:57 PM
booboo4031

Default Carnival shore excursions for Limon Costa Rica

Does anyone have thoughts on Carnival's offerings for shore excursions in Costa Rica. I'm really not excited about any of the tour descriptions, but I don't want to stay on ship either. Any input would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2005, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival shore excursions for Limon Costa Rica

White Water Rafting. This is the best tour I have ever done in the Caribbean and believe me, we have done most of them.
Jim

Old January 6th, 2005, 08:39 PM
The Hills

Hi booboo4031:

Our family did the Tortuguero Canals tour in March 2004 through the Carnival Legend and saw lots of birds, animals, monkey etc. We even passed a sloth who was right down by the water so we were feet from it. The tour ended at a spot where they had local music, fresh fruit, and small craft area. The also took us through the canals and out to the ocean on the other side which was neat. It is a half day tour so you will still have time to shop at the pier.

Our ship had to move to the commerical port as the waves were really rough but amazingly the pier was full of vendors (guess the word got out we were dicking at the commercial port) and there were some great deals. Beautiful mulit coloured wooden salad bowl sets with 6 side dishes and tongs for $25US. Lots of coffee, beads etc.

The Hills
Ottawa, Canada

P.S. Tip - Make sure you have a wrist strap on your digital camera. One lady from our ship actually dropped her camera in the canal!
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:06 AM
zoom

Default Re: Re: Carnival shore excursions for Limon Costa Rica

Do they have whitewater rafting down there? And if they do who did you book with?

Thanks in advance
Zoom
Old January 9th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Booked through the ship and the tour is very well received and I did not meet nor have I ever heard anyone that didn't think it was a wonderful tour and well worth the cost.
Jim

Old January 10th, 2005, 08:57 PM
H

I took a river rafting tour from Limon on a cruise about 9 years ago and it still stands as the best ship excursion I ever took.