Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2005, 08:19 AM
nwtravlr

Default Roatan shorter canopy tour?

I have reat there are 2 canopy tours in Roatan. Does anyone know if the shorter 5-6 line tour is still operating and is it at Tabyana Beach? Some in our cruise group are concerned about the speed of the longer one and being sore after landing on the 11 platforms of the longer canopy tour.
Thanks for your response.
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Roatan shorter canopy tour?

My husband and I took the canopy tour in Roatan. As far as I know, the shorter tour does run anymore. However, if you are concerned about being sore, you shouldn't be. You can go as fast or as slow as you want on the zip lines. You actually stop yourself before you get completely to the platform. Besides, only doing 5-6 ziplines wouldn't be enough! This excursion is extremely laid back and easy for kids and the older generations. Hope this helps.
Old January 7th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry about the typo. I do NOT think the shorter tour runs anymore.
Old January 10th, 2005, 10:57 AM
roddee

Default Re: Re: Roatan shorter canopy tour?

Do I understand correctly that the canopy tour is not that strenuous? I am speaking mainly of running the zip lines, as the walking, etc. does not bother me. My husband and I are booked on the tour for our cruise in 2 weeks.
Thanks,
Dee
Old January 13th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Roatan shorter canopy tour?

Dee,
You understand correctly. The ziplines are not strenuous at all. It is a breeze! You should go for it!
Old January 13th, 2005, 07:47 PM
roddee

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Roatan shorter canopy tour?

Thanks so much for the info, Shirley. Really looking for ward to it. Now may I ask.....did you take a camera, and what kind?? Just worried about dropping it. Really looking forward to this.

Dee
Old January 14th, 2005, 07:43 PM
zeke11

We will be visiting Roatan in March and have no idea what this zipline is all about. Can you clue me in?

Thanks,
Kris
Old January 14th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Steve D

Where can I get inofrmation aboutteh canopy tours. I'm a big guy and want to do th etour but am worried about the weight restrictions.
Old January 16th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roatan shorter canopy tour?

We took both our digital camera and our video camera. As long as you have the wrist band on your picture camera you will be fine. My husband had the video camera around his neck. We took pics of each other riding the zipline. FYI - everybody goes one at a time.
Old January 17th, 2005, 05:11 PM
roddee

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roatan shorter canopy tour?

Shirley, Thanks so much. Both cameras are packed. I saw on the photos online that everyone went one by one.

Zeke, (and I hope I describe this correctly enough) the zip line tour is in the rainforest where you are attached with a safety harness to a "zip" line suspended over the trees. Then you zip or slide on the line from one perch to another. You should be able to see a lot of wildlife, beautiful land, and have a lot of fun as well. It ends at a beach (at least in Roatan)

Steve, I am not sure, but I think someone mentioned in a previous posting that there was a weight limit of somewhere around 250 pounds, but don't quote me.