Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2005, 12:42 AM
lacey230

Default help-best cozumel beach??

HI,
We are looking for a calm water, clear, white sandy beach in Cozumel.
We were thinking of maybe going to Chankanaab Nature park and enjoying an hour or so in the park and then spending the rest of the day at their beach but my FROMMER'S guide says the water is sorta rough and not ideal if you are looking for "calm water" swimming at Parque Chankanaab.

We are definitely looking for calm "bath" type water that is clear with a beautiful beach. I read Playa San Francisco has a beautiful beach but that the water has tons of "grass" in it so it is not that great for swimming. What about Playa del Sol? What is Paradise Beach?

What beach should we go to??? Can we take a cab there? Our ship docks from 7 am to 6 pm. Thank you for your help
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Dt

Default Re: help-best cozumel beach??

I don't remember any "bath" calm beaches in Cozumel. They are all pretty rough. They are beautiful, but the nicer beaches are across the water in the Mayan Sun Coast.
Old January 11th, 2005, 07:10 PM
GM

Paradise is right next to San Francisco- we were there (San Fransisco) a few weeks ago and didn't notice "tons of grass" in the water(??) not sure what that's all about- they both have sandy beaches, and are relatively calm, but not "bath" 'like.

Both beahces are easily accessible by cab from the port.
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Beginner

Oh my gosh Mr. Sanchos....... It's a beautiful calm beach with a reataurant and bar and waiters that bring your food/drinks right to you in the sand. It was an awesome time and a beautiful location. It's a 7-10$ cab ride from the pier if I remember correctly. I went in September of 2003. We're going again in May and I can't wait. They also rent rafts to float around in as well as have a huge jacuzzi up by the restaurant.

http://www.mrsanchos.com/

There's the link. Have fun!
Old January 14th, 2005, 08:49 PM
dove

Default Re: Re: help-best cozumel beach??

Is this a resort or can anyone just show up? Is there a fee to get in??
Old January 15th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: help-best cozumel beach??

We are planning to go to Paradise Beach in Feb....based on previous reports, it sounds and looks good.

Here's a link to to their site...

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.net/home_pbeach.php

Summit
Old January 15th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Robin Silverberg

I like Playa Sol. It is kind of like the private island beaches. If you get there early so you can be close to the water and get a nice batch of lounges, its nice. You can rent jet skis (but be very carefull with them, although I did let my son go on them there, my husband had a very bad jet ski accident in St Martin one year when the water was rough). There is a restaurant there that is nice, a pool with swim up bar, and plenty of booths for buying local products, silver jewelry and the like. For designer items, you can stop at the shops by the pier.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 09:24 PM
CherieS

HI Ohhh we didn't want to leave Chankanaab! If you like to snorkel, is awesome! Very nice little beach. Great park!!!!! Taxis all over town waiting to take you there, taxis outside the park waiting to take you back to the ships.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 08:50 AM
reverendjeff

Mister Sancho's is a free entry beach. The water is clear and depending on the time of year, calm. The sand is white and the service is very good. The food is reasonable in price. There are cabs that will charge you $10 from the peir, (for the cab not p.p.) There will be cabs waiting when you decide to head back into town. There is shopping at the beach and clean restrooms. We love this place.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:27 PM
cali-croozer

Don't go to Chankanaab if you plan on only staying for an hour-------$12 admission. We spent the day there and it was great. The calmness of the water at any beach would depend on the weather the day you are there. When we went, it was very calm.