Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Passenger

Default Colon shore excursions

We are thinking of the ariel tram ride? Has anyone done that? Did you see any wildlife? Thanks -
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2005, 10:04 PM
The Hills

Default Re: Colon shore excursions

Hi Mari:

I think I may have answered another post of yours but just in case It wasn't your post, we did the Aerial Tram Ride in Colon in March 2004. We did the ecological Encounter & Aerial Tram ride through Carnival. There wasn't a lot of wildlife as the weather was pretty warm but the view at the top of the tram is worth the trip. We also stopped at the Gamboa Resort which is beautiful. They included a sandwich lunch which was good. I think the tour description said the tram was 72 minutes but that I think that included the time up and down and the time at the top.

Check out the shopping at the pier and look for hand carved rainsticks. A great gift to bring home!

We also saw onthis excursion a great butterfly aviary exhibit with hundreds of large and colourful butterflies where walk through and also some frog/reptile exhibits.

We saw a lot of wildlife in Costa Rica on the Canals.

Email me if you want to see some pictures of the tram walkway view or ask me any more questions.

We are leaving in two weeks for a trip on RCCL Radiance of the Seas.

The Hills
Ottawa, Canada