Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2005, 02:18 PM
marciaj

Default sting ray city

Just got back from 5 night Western Carribean on Voyager. We found out about Nativeway watersports on these boards and used them to go to Sting Ray City. They were wonderful. Very personal service. Only about a dozen of us on our boat. Just wanted to let folks know who were on their way there. My research on these boards was definitely worth it. Hope everyone who goes there has as great a time as we did.
--marcia
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: sting ray city

A lot of posters are wondering if there are a lot of rays out there, did they come back after the hurricane?

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 19th, 2005, 09:50 PM
sparks

Default Re: Re: sting ray city

We are considering going with them also. There will be 3 cruise ships in port & we were concerned that it would be very crowded. How crowded was it & how long did you stay there? Did they give you plenty of squid to feed them? Thanks
Old January 20th, 2005, 08:12 PM
First Mate

Donna,

When we went there on the 10th of Jan, there were quite a few rays there although the tour operator said that the numbers are still down from before Ivan. We were told that as time has past by more and more are returning though.

Old January 24th, 2005, 02:55 PM
First Mate

We were just there last week and there were lots of rays around. We used Captain Marvin's for our trip. The water was very choppy and the cruise ship cancelled all its excursions to Stingray City, but we got to go since we had booked from a local company. There were only 10 people on our boat...definitely the way to go and definitely worth it.
Old January 25th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Yeoman

Vickie, The same thing happened to us a couple years ago. We also booked with Captain Marvins. The ship cancelled the water tours due to rough seas and I didn't even notice the swells. A lot of disapointed people on the ship.

Sparks, Captain Marvins had buckets of squid anchored in the water as did most other operators. The Stingrays will swarm around the buckets. Tip! When the Stingray go to take the food from you, let it go! They suck hard! I got a nice little Stingray hickie. Nothing major but I sure did pull my hand back to count my fingers! We all laughed and had a great time. Not too many people brave enough to feed them so the food lasted until we were done.
Old January 25th, 2005, 10:45 AM
First Mate

The rough water was definitely noticeable when we were there. You really had to concentrate on staying on your feet, but it was still a nice experience. I would have been really disappointed if I was on one of the tours that had been cancelled.
Old January 25th, 2005, 12:20 PM
runway

Hey how did you book these locally with Cap Marvin or Nativeway? Did you do it prior to your trip or do they have an internet sight? Sounds like the way to go and we leave March 5th ! Thank you ahead for any info.
Old January 25th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Yeoman

I can't post thier website adresses here but you can do a search on the internet for them.

I've already booked the stingray city online for my April 17th sailing. . . . and the dolphin swim and the New Orleans swamp tour and and and . . .

Holiday May 2000
Old January 25th, 2005, 11:50 PM
runway

Found it THANKS !!!
Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:38 PM
sparks

Thanks for the tip. We booked with capt. Marvin & are looking forward to it. We decided to book his full day tour. Looks great!