Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2005, 10:35 AM
danggirl

Default Which Western Caribbean Cruise?

We are planning a cruise to the Western Caribbean in May and would like some advice on which one to take.Should we go with RC's, Rhapsody of the Seas to Cozumel,Grand Cayman,and Montego Bay-or Carnival's,Elation to Cozumel,Belize,and Progreso?Any ship or destination ports better than the other?
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2005, 04:58 PM
DENISE H

Default Re: Which Western Caribbean Cruise?

i wouldgo with carnival the staff is friendly and helpfull they keep the cabins
really clean, the food is great and the shows are fun with you whant more information
about carnival here is there web sitecarnival.com i hope this helps
Old January 17th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We sailed the Western Carribean last year on Carnival Inspiration and had a wonderful time. Ports were Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Belize. We liked both the cruise and the ports so much we're going again this year on the Miracle. I haven't beeon on either ship you're considered but have sailed RCL and Carnival. We preferred Carnival for the size of the room and the food.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 17th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Which Western Caribbean Cruise?

I would go with RCCL ANY DAY over Carnival! I've cruised many times with both and much prefer RCCL. My experience has been that RCCL has BETTER entertainment, BETTER food, NICER crew, and BETTER service all the way around. I don't think the ships look tacky like Carnival's either...I'm not into all the neon lights everywhere. However, one thing that is a little nicer with Carnival is the room do seem to be a little bigger...I'm hardly ever in there, so that's not enough to draw me back to cruise with them. They also attract different demographics. It really boils down to what YOU are looking for in a cruise and the things that are important to you.
Old January 20th, 2005, 09:54 PM
KathieDM

I highly recommend the Explorer. In '03 we went to Labadee, Ocho rRos, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. The itinerary may be changed slightly now, but you can't go wrong with a Voyager-Class ship

Explorer E. Carib. 1/12/02
Explorer W. Carib 1/18/03
Summit Alaska cruise/tour 8/3/03
Adventure S. Carib. 2/8/04
Galaxy Panama Canal 2/3/05
Old January 23rd, 2005, 02:24 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Which Western Caribbean Cruise?

darcy, were also going on Carnival Miracle in April. Since you have already been to Costa Maya, Belize other then scuba diving would your recommend any other excursions or beaches. We are a group of 14 and 6 of them are kids 7 being the youngest. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Post Edited (01-23-05 14:29)
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:33 AM
lyndammr

Default Re: Re: Re: Which Western Caribbean Cruise?

Definately CArnival, more variety choices of food and we just always keep going back to Carnival. Larger staterooms also! RCI never again.