Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2005, 02:59 PM
Spareader

Default Coral Breeze Tours Belize

Had anyone used The Coral Breeze tour company in Belize? Any problems? There are 7 of us going in June (ages 21 to 77) and thought their "Beach Day in Paradise" sounded good for us. Carnival doesn't have just a beach day in this port-all of the beach excursions had snorkeling. Also, it was a long tour-5 hours. Any trouble getting back to the ship on time? Thanks, Gail
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2005, 08:32 PM
booboo4031

Default Re: Coral Breeze Tours Belize

We've booked with them for our cruise in April and I asked them that very question about has anyone ever missed the ship? They said that it has never happened. They have many provisions in place to be sure. I've read on many boards that in many cases they drop you right back at the ship instead of back at the pier and then you having to tender back to the ship. Everything I've heard about them has been very positive. Some of our group is doing the beach day and some are doing the snorkeling. This is an American run company.

Old January 22nd, 2005, 11:34 PM
Passenger

We returned from RCI cruise on 1/15/05. One port was Belize. Prior to cruise, I could never make contact with Coral Breeze to book an excursion -- even though there were good recommendations from others on this board. So can't help you with them specifically.

We booked an excursion with Star Tours. The excursion itself was okay, but what I never read about anywhere (on these boards or elsewhere) was travel time to and from the different "cayes". My bad. Knew we had to tender into Belize (20-25 minutes). Then there was a 15-20 minute walk to Marina Terminal to catch a water taxi to Caye Caulker. Water taxis run on a schedule, not just when you need them or every 15-30 minutes. We got to Terminal at 8:15 a.m., next water taxi was at 9 a.m. 45 minute ride to Caye Caulker. Got there and found excursion 'site'. We had 3 stops for snorkeling with an excellent guide. We were hoping to explore Caye Caulker a little afterward. Water taxis back to Belize City left at 1:30 and 3 p.m. Our ship left at 4:30. We felt the 3 p.m. taxi might be cutting it too close (45 minutes back to the city, 15-20 minute walk back to tender and then 20 minute tender back to ship). So we did excursion, caught 1:30 p.m. water taxi back to city and then tender back to ship.

None of it was bad. Excursion was fine. It just wasn't quite what we expected and I didn't know anything at all about the water taxis and their schedules. Again, my bad. Caye Caulker looked beautiful and next time I think we would find the water taxi schedule in Belize City, take water taxi to Caye Caulker, relax, explore the B&Bs, shopping area, snorkel off beach, etc.

Hope this helps with info about Belize (even though you asked specifically about Coral Breeze and I really have no info on them).
Old January 23rd, 2005, 03:26 PM
booboo4031

After I booked with Coral Breeze they did give me the 'meeting location' infomation. One plus was that there was no 'walk' to the taxi location to meet up with them. According to their informaion on their website when I booked, when you get off the tender, you meet right in the tourism village where the tender lets you off.

Old February 5th, 2005, 07:03 PM
DebG

Go to their website and check the tour schedule. I'm traveling the Carnival Legend 3/3 and scheduled for Belize on Saturday. While researching their tours, I checked the Coral Breeze calendar and they don't seem to offer tours on Saturday's and Sunday's.
Old February 5th, 2005, 07:08 PM
marie&rick

Default Re: Re: Coral Breeze Tours Belize

We did the "coral breeze" excursion in Belize in Feb 2004. We did meet them in the village by a flag pole and they were right where they said they would be . All the other snorkeling excursions booked through the ship were cancelled that day but we were lucky enough to have booked this tour on our own. They took us out snorkeling at 2 different sites and we had lunch. They had us back to the pier in plenty of time to catch the tender back to the ship. This was a great excursion, we saw dolphins, sting rays a nurse shark and many tropical fish.
Old February 5th, 2005, 07:33 PM
booboo4031

I know a few people on another site that said that they were not getting emails back from Coral Breeze found that the emails were being intercepted by their spam blockers or their firewalls. Just thought I'd pass it on