CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean & Panama Canal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/)
-   -   which destinations would you rather go to? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/252524-destinations-would-you-rather-go.html)

SquirrelGirl January 28th, 2005 01:04 PM

which destinations would you rather go to?

Greetings everyone. I'm a college student and I found out I could earn credit by going on one of the two cruises offered on the Norwegian Jewel ship. While both cruises sound like fine, I probably could only afford to go on one. Here are the destinations from both ships. I would love to hear which one you guys would rather go on. Thanks, Jamie

Cruise 1:Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas,
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
George Town, Cayman Islands (Grand Cayman)
Roatan City, Honduras

Cruise 2:San Juan, Puerto Rico
Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas

venice January 29th, 2005 06:14 AM

Re: which destinations would you rather go to?

to try to help you, it would help if we had more information..what course are you taking that would give you credit for taking a cruise and where do I sign up ? (smile)

dan p January 29th, 2005 08:37 PM

My choise is #2

jwith2boys January 29th, 2005 10:49 PM

The thing that is great about the Caribbean is that the ports of call are all so different (culture, landscape, economy, etc.) So there are interesting places in both of your lists. I too would choose #2, however.

hcat January 30th, 2005 01:22 PM

Go with # 2, Neither San Juan or Jamaica would be my favorites but # 2 has some really nice stops!!! How do you get credits for taking a cruise-? -Maybe I can get some post grad ed here!

tracy 421 January 31st, 2005 12:36 AM

i'm in college and i would LOVE to get credit for taking a cruise! what school do you go to and can you explain more about this? :)

taina2 February 2nd, 2005 01:39 PM

#2 if the cost is the same. Nothing wrong with #1 either. Keep your ship charges under control and have fun.

DENISE H February 2nd, 2005 03:39 PM

this is a hard one i have been to ocho rios jamica and st thomas vi both were beautfuff
and fun place to see i'm hope to get back to st thomas i know i didn,t help enther one
of these destinations with these two ports of call here isa web site that might help
you ncl.com they would have some information on there shore tours may be you
can choose which way to go but be carefull on the prices

HaleyC February 2nd, 2005 05:23 PM

I too am in college and would like to know about this credit.

Jim Bragg February 2nd, 2005 08:29 PM

Well I am going to have to disagree with the majority here and recommend #1 simply because you have a great diversity of cultures. #2 is 'safe' as you remain in the 'American" style culture with it being British and American. If you want to learn, do #2.
Jim

isle February 5th, 2005 01:58 PM

im 62 and old as the hills, but do #2, then someday go do #1.

Tauruschick February 5th, 2005 03:58 PM