Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2005, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Radiance Bon Gal

I was trying to get rid of the TILL I CRUISE part and can't seem to get it there. J_BON!!!!!!I wish, I miss talking with him.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old April 5th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Carol,
I know what you mean about J.Bon. It leaves an empty feeling, doesn't it. We always felt like we could call on him to give us some support. I haven't seen him on any of the other boards, but I haven't checked anything but Princess.
In cruise news, we had our get-together as you probably saw on the board. Check RayB's report and you'll see our picture. Trevor is wearing his Caribbean Princess Inaugural Season T-Shirt. I ordered chicken wings with teriaki sauce on them. Instead of coming with the sauce already brushed on, like at Hooters, it was just poured on.That is the big "secret". I had sauce all over my face. I was a mess! I'm glad that nobody thought to take a picture of THAT.Even all the moist towelettes I ordered didn't get it all off! I'm sure that the one thing AngelaZ's husband is going to remember the get-together by, is that little lady with sauce all over her face!

Trevor is now talking about a back to back cruise in Oct. when we go. It will either be the week before or week after the week we go. I have to make sure I have two weeks off in a row. Shouldn't be a problem as long as I have coverage. In the 6 years I've been there I haven't taken 2 weeks at once.I may never go back!!! Also, if we come up to Ohio will be sooner than we planned, since Trevor isn't tied to that third week in May anymore. He's talking about 2 weeks from now. But, I'll let you know for sure. My boss is gone the first 10 days in May so I know I can't go then. It may be during the last week in April.
Stay tuned.

Ok. That's it for now. Our thread was just about at the bottom of the page! Bye. Love, Lynnie-ROSE P.S. I even e-mailed Rich a couple of weeks ago or more and haven't had any answer. Maybe they went to Italy!??????

Old April 6th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Admiral

WOW back to back cruises, what a life. I want to go. I am still having trouble with not going on a cruise. Seem I can't get as excited.
Well, tonight you will be at 199!!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!! I am at 290. I have never had 2 weeks off either, I will be taking 2 weeks for the Hawaii trip that should be interesting. No one does my work while I am gone so it will be - - - - when I get back.
Got to get busy.
Have a good day.
Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old April 6th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
When I worked for the Red Cross and went away for 3-5 weeks at a time on disaster assignments--tornadoes, floods, etc-no one did my job, either. You should have seen the stack of mail I had on my desk when I got back!! The problem here, as I might have said 100 times already, is that I have no teammate to cover for me. I have to rely on volunteers and residents. That turns out to be an undependable solution, especially with residents who end up forgetting, having a Dr's app't they forgot about, not feeling good that day, etc. Fortunately, things have worked out for the most part-for ONE week.

I'll believe a back to back when I see one!! I'm not excited yet, either. Sometimes we talk about a lot of possibilities that are a long way off and when the time comes we don't do them. Right now Travelocity has our payments messed up for our Oct. 23 cruise which is making Trevor upset-that could be a deciding factor in any future cruises.

Better go. Oh, the sun is shining brightly from the East-almost right into my eyes. 84 today but rain moves in again tomorrow night. Love, Lynnie-ROSE (PS. Trevor has started cleaning out the garage--a bigger job than he thought!! ).

Old April 12th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
It's been 6 days since the last post! WoW!
We've received our cabin assignment-B-437. It's an $80 upgrade-same layout,but different category. We're right around the corner from the observation elevators -mid-ships! I guess that's a good location-in the middle of everything. Trevor was hoping for a mini-suite, but I think we would have needed to get by 2 more cabins like ours in higher categories to get to that. We went from a BD to a BC.At least we have our balcony this time.
Trevor has finished the garage, and has cleaned up the landscaping at the front of the house and laid red mulch. It looks pretty good! On to the backyard next.
He applied for a driving position at work,yesterday. It only pays $6.75/hr. He almost laughed at the interviewer. Of course, additional perks that we don't need include health insurance coverage, dental plan and a 401K opportunity. However, there is fine print attached to those coverages, like having to go to a Dr. in the plan, having to wait X number of days or months for it to kick in, etc. I'm sure that someone needing the money and the coverage would think the wage might be OK, considering. It's just kind of low for a position that involves liability and the careful transporting responsibility for these senior citizens. Trevor asked for $8/hr (was getting $9 at the bank). That's more than I make after 6 years there. I'm not saying it's a bad place to work, but wages isn't the highest priority.
Well, tonight I go out to play Bunco. Trevor is at poker. He really smoked me winning 3 games of Scrabble over the weekend. I don't know how he keeps finding the last minute killer combinations but he does. Or, he finds a way to use all his letters in the beginning and I have to spot him 72 points! Grrr.
I hope the rain lets up for you up there. You've certainly had more than your fair share. It's nice down here right now. (81 or so) but we should be getting showers by the morning. Take care. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old April 13th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning. It is chilly here in Ohio today. 44 out there right now. Or 70's are gone for a little while.

Your cabin sounds like a good deal to me. I like mid ship right by the elevator. I am still having trouble not going on a cruise. Hopefully I won'r regret it.

Sounds like I would keep Trevor at home till all the "honey do's" are done. I would say he is doing a fine job. I sure could use him at my house. $6.75 does sound a little low to me. Ours pays $8.00.
Well must get busy. Have a good day

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old April 14th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
Most people I talk with think that $6.75 is too low, unless they count the insurance, etc, as extra savings.
We had a couple of showers yesterday morning, but now are getting into a dry pattern during this next 7 days. I get we'll have to turn the sprinklers back on.
We signed papers yesterday to get some extra money out of the house, so we'll have some "loose" money to play with should we need or "want" it. To Trevor, that's like candy in a store. He's talking, half seriously, about a cruise before October. Hey. "money is no object". . However, I asked him if we were still going to Ohio in May and he said "Whatever you want, my dear". I'm still in the mode to take my vacation when we planned it-the week of May 21, because we have that extra Monday holiday at the end of it. Stay tuned.
I'll go for now. Your trip should be OK. Once you get started I think you'll enjoy it. The new motto with the new boss at work is "CHANGE IS GOOD". After this experience you'll know whether you really like cruising better! (and can look forward to your next one!). Bye. Love, Lynnie-ROSE. BRIDGET--are you still with us??

Old April 17th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
I just saw the story about the Norwegian Dawn getting flooded and passengers being flown back to New York. Was that ship next to ours in Cozumel last year? If not, it might have been the Spirit. In any case, it looked pretty small next to ours. Can you imagine the jacuzzi's being washed overboard off the 10th deck? One guy said that the Titanic theme song was being played on the piano.
Trevor said that any ship that is hit by a 47 ft wave is going to have damage. I guess the Dawn had broken windows, too.
Last year when we hit the Jeanne swells our BIG ship slowed down to almost a stop when the waves hit the side and then went underneath. If felt as if the ship was stalling until the water went back out. Even so, that's why I prefer a BIG ship over a smaller one!

Hope your Sunday is going well. It looks as if we'll be up in Dayton the week of May 21-30. Trevor said that "of course, we need to see THE GIRLS." I'm still thinking of Dominic's for May 26-our 15th anniversary. Now, I just have to make sure I get my sons there from Columbus and Cincinnati.
Bye. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old April 18th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Lynne &Trevor

The ship that got smacked by the wave isn't the one that was parked next to us in Cozumel. That one was way too small. The one that hit had 2500 passengers and was the length of 3 football fields. I saw picture of it on TV this AM."She's" a big girl!!

Hope your day goes well!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old April 21st, 2005, 04:53 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Just want to say hello. Nothing on here since 4/18 so didn't want us to get too far down.

All the gadgets Trevor ordered are now here so he's been having "fun" figuring them out.

Take care. This weekend we'll only have 25 Saturdays until our cruise.We'll probably go down to Ft. Lauderdale over Mother's Day Weekend, if not before, and see our CB in port. Wish I were going on her again, but the Star Princess will be a change.

Bye. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old April 27th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Admiral

Hello, did youthink I fell off the earth? Just been real busy and have not been on. Still have lots to do, I just wanted you to know I am alive and have not forgot you. May sounds great for dinner, keep me posted.
Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Nice to see you. I figured that since no one else was posting, I'd take off a few days, too!
We now have a new laptop computer. Trevor is having "some fun" trying to get the think downloaded with the appropriate programs. It took him 3 or 4 days to finally get our email. It's a dumb machine! Nothing in it!

We're going down to Ft. Lauderdale this weekend and staying with Trevor's mother. I want to go to the port to see our ship and he wants to do some stuff but it won't be without "MOM" this time. He feels this trip is to see her, since I've seen my mother several times now!!!

Will get off for now. Oh, we have a new camcorder now, too, which you might have seen that we got from the Good Morning Board.

Choir practice time. My ride will be here in a minute. Bye. Love ya. Lynnie-ROSE

Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon. Angie and I just got back from a weekend in Virgina Beach. My neice's husband retired from the Navy and we went to Virgina Beach for his retirement. It was sooooo nice. I thought they would just do a ceremony for whomever is retiring, but it was just for him. Everyone was crying by the time it was over. We had a nice time.

Are you still going to try and come to Dayton this month? Let me know so we can meet for dinner.
Must get busy
Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old May 4th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
Trevor was stationed near Virginia Beach when he was in the Navy--Oceana. We visited VB several years back. It's nice.
We were in Ft. Lauderdale over the weekend and saw the Star Princess. It's the other sister ship to the Golden and Grand. I wondered why she looked so familiar! We had a nice breakfast at the Best Western Marina Restaurant , did some camcorder shots of me and the ship and came home. We were with Trevor's mother all day Saturday (Fri night and Sat night).
We are still planning on Dayton the week of May 21-30. I still hope we can all meet at Dominic's on May 26, (Thursday) which is our 15th anniversary. I do hope the weather warms up by then!!!!
Take care. Love to Ashee and Angie!!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old May 8th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
We're thinking of moving our dinner at Dominic's to the Friday or Saturday night instead of the Thursday night. The reason being that Jamie goes to Otterbein College and has classes at night. It's extremely difficult for him to get down to Dayton during the week.
Likewise, Kenneth has to come up from Cincinnati. I have to see if he's off on Friday night-as he directs the 10PM News during the week.

We will still be up in Dayton during that same week, only, we may leave here on May 24 or 25 and have the weekend inbetween so that we can see people!! I'm going to lobby for me taking an extra day at the end of the weekend---like May 31- so that we will still have the Saturday. This whole week was taken thinking that Trevor would still be at the bank. It's tough when all our friends and family are in different cities. Trevor doesn't want to do a lot of traveling while we're up there so that's why Dayton is the base of operations. We could save some money staying at his brother's (unmarried).Can you see why I look forward to my cruise so much????!!!!!

He really just wants to check in with his brother-who is hard to reach-and his own son, to see if he's really doing as well as he says. It will not really be a pleasure trip with a lot of extended visiting or sightseeing. My best friend will be going to their lake house all that weekend. I might get to tweak out some time with her the Wednesday evening before she goes. I'm glad she was able to come down here in April when she and her hubby picked up his mother to take her north for the summer. We got to have along lunch.

Happy Mother's Day!!!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old May 10th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Admiral

Hello Lynn, IAshley cannot do the 28th as she is going to Kenny Chesney concert and none of us can do the 28th as we are having a big adoption party for my little great nephew. Hopefully we can get this together. I have to get busy, will check back later.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old May 10th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Lynne and Trevor

I read this this morning but figured I'd email you! I received your answer and replied.I'll tell you what. We're going to have to plan another cruise together!! Lynnie-ROSE
Old June 17th, 2005, 08:51 PM
bridget

Default Re: Re: Re: Radiance Bon Gal

hi, did you think I feel off the face of the earth? I wasn't sure you all would still be here.
How is everyone? sure wish I had a cruise planned to look forward to. all vacations for me are on hold, dad just got finished chemo so seeing how he is going to respond hate to leave town.
this is the first time in 23 yrs of working that I am due to lose vacation time as it expires on my anniversary if you have a balance of greater than 240 hrs. so I think I will be using a couple days to do stuff at home.
problem is I will end up gettting behind at work as no one does my work when I am gone. oh well, I will keep t his short as I don't know if you have changed threads since your last post 5/10
take care
Bridget
Old June 20th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Lynne and Trevor

Hi Bridget,
I'm still around. I don't know how Carol is doing. My last contact with her was a phone call when we hit Ohio. Unfortunately, her cell phone wasn't on! Our plans to meet kind of went haywire when Trevor and I decided to leave here later in the week so we could take advantage of the Memorial Day weekend, with the extra day off for me. Also, my boys-one in Columbus and the other in Cincinnati couldn't make it to Dayton at a reasonable hour for dinner, so we switched it to a Saturday. It turned out that Carol and the other "Bon" girls were going to be out of town starting on the Friday. My best friend was out of town, too. But, we had a good family visit, including Trevor's brother.

I've sent Carol a picture via email of me and the boys outside our favorite restaurant-hers too, but it didn't go through the first time. I can't remember if I sent it again, but I haven't heard from her. Don't worry-we'll get re-united at some point!

Our cruise is getting closer=something for us to look forward to and perhaps make the Summer fly by faster.
I've written on the other Bon post so be sure to check that one out, too.Thanks for staying in touch!!! Lynne