CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean & Panama Canal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/)
-   -   Radiance Bon Gal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/252577-radiance-bon-gal.html)

Lynne &Trevor February 5th, 2005 05:15 PM

Radiance Bon Gal

Hi,
Welcome home. As you can see I've started another thread for us. I hope you find it it.How was your trip home? Any delays? I've missed seeing you on the Boards, but you're probably going to wish you were still on the ship for awhile. Anyway, I'm glad you're back. Hello to our gang. Love, Lynne

Carol B February 8th, 2005 05:16 AM

Re: Radiance Bon Gal

Yes, I wish I was back even with the rough weather. Today is my first day back to work. I took yesterday off for my birthday day. I will post more later. Have a great day.

Lynne &Trevor February 11th, 2005 04:54 PM

Hope you will have had a wonderful birthday today,Carol. I can hardly wait to hear what Ashee and Angie had in store for you. Your magic 50 should be happy. I'm coming up to the big 6-0 in a couple of years. That one will be harder to deal with, I think!!
We're in for a chilly weekend, but the temps are due up into the 70's next week again. Halleluiah!!! Love, Lynne

Lynne &Trevor February 12th, 2005 07:39 PM

We booked our cruise! Caribbean Princess, Oct. 8, Eastern Caribbean, B-720. Farther back on the ship this time. We have the highest grade inside and have asked for an upgrade(like everyone else does). Chances are better with this price inside cabin and booking early. "Guaranteed" doesn't mean a thing, the guy said.

So, start saving your money!!! You said you loved the Eastern Caribbean, here's your chance, and, maybe your horse will win this time!! Lynne

bridget February 13th, 2005 01:17 PM

Re: Re: Radiance Bon Gal

hi all,
I am back from my long awaited cruise and back to the realty of cold, gray, rainy weather! and work.
we tried the MSC cruise line on the Opera, beautiful ship but I think I will go back to my favorites Princess and Holland American
MSC has some work to do on customer service and food preparation.
I don't have a cruise planned now , so my diet is shot and I am depressed. it is always good to have one planned to keep me motivated and with something to look forward to.
the best thing about coming home after the cruise , was my dogs greeting me, they missed me so much.
well off to do some housecleaning
take care.
Bridget

Lynne &Trevor February 13th, 2005 04:56 PM

Hi Bridget,
Welcome home!! It's always tough to come home after a cruise. It's just a tough or worse to go a long time before the next one. Every year Trevor says we're going to skip a year, but it is he who starts looking into the cruise options within 3-5 months after our return!
It's nice to have your pets welcome you as they do with unconditional love!

The invitation is open to you, too, to think about the Oct. 8 cruise. It would be great to have some folks along that we know. I THINK we'll have one couple from the Sept cruise with us, but that could have changed by now.

Our weather is finally warming up again after 3 chilly days. I'm waiting for spring and then summer to arrive here in Florida!!

Take care! Lynne

Carol B February 14th, 2005 04:51 AM

Good morning Lynne and Bridget. Bridget glad you had a good time on your cruise, and Lynne glad you have one booked again. You need to get your clock going!!!! I wish I could go but, not after 2 back to back cruises. I am afraid I am done until next year. I have been looking at them though for next Jan. I love getting out of the cold. I am going to book one and take Ashley and Dustin. It will be their Christmas present. I have been looking at the Caribbean Princess or the new Carnival Valor. It was out for it's 4th sailing when we were out this time. She loooked fun, plus the had adjointing rooms which would be nice. Stll researching.
My party Sat. was fun. There was about 60 people there. Ireally felt loved, we had a good time. Some of my friends came dressed all in the red and purple for the red hat club, big hats and all. It was so cute. Really had a good time.

Hope you have a nice Valentines Day.
Love
CArol

Lynne &Trevor February 14th, 2005 07:01 AM

Hi
I have to pull out my instructions to get my clock going. J Bon-where are you!
Glad your party was good, Carol. There's still the possibility of us going on the Star Princess instead of the Caribbean Princess. It leaves on the Sunday, continuing its transatlantic cruise to the Western Caribbean. I finally found someone who confirmed that the ship will actually be sailing that date. There's no roll call for it. Trevor would like to try a different ship. I will sacrifice the Eastern for the Western if he's really intent on it.

Gotta go. 8:05 already. I slept in later than usual. 48 degrees at the moment but sunny.

Bye for now. Lynne

Carol B February 16th, 2005 12:28 PM

Lynne, Glad you have your cruise booked. Isn't that the one Joe and Kelly are going on? You will have to keep a eye on him. LOL Maybe you eill get to stay out extra again. I have been looking for next January. This time Ash and Dustin will go. Actually I am thinking of going in debt and taking the trip of my dreams to Hawaii. I have looked at cruising but am thinking of doing land so I can see more. You are only on each island one day for a cruise. Still trying to figure out which is best. When I look on the boards people say they which they did land instead of sea so they would have more time. I would miss that pampering though. We will see. Our Director of Nursing is there now so she is checking things out for me. She goes there a lot. Anyway glad you are booked, now get that clock running!!!!

Lynne &Trevor February 17th, 2005 06:47 AM

Hi
I'll work on it this weekend when I have more time! I still have the examples and I do remember where to go to get it done. It will look good on my post again.
I think I remember seeing that Joe and Kelly will be on our ship Oct. 8. I'll have to check our thread again. He originally had been thinking of an RCCL cruise but then changed his mind. It would be nice to see a familiar face even in passing or sitting by the pool. He loves those $5 beers, pool games and Skywalkers!
You might have seen on the other board that after investigating the Star Princess for Oct.9, Trevor ultimately decided after talking it over, that we'll just stick with our original plan. The deposit's been paid, we are in a good position for an upgrade and we'll be going East instead of West. Why monkey with it!! Hawaii sounds terrific.If we could get to there without having to fly somewhere, we'd consider it!!!! LOL

There is the distinct possibility that we'll be up your way the week of May 21-29-our other vacation week, which is also the week of our anniversary. Instead of an expensive cruise then Trevor said we could drive up to Dayton and surrounding area to see my boys, some of his family and FRIENDS! Maybe we could all meet at Dominic's one night-May 26- or sometime that week. The Memorial Day Holiday is at the end of that week which would give us an extra day to get back! I hope it works out!!

Better go for now and say hello to the other folks! Trevor got a key to the safe yesterday so he can get out his own cash drawer. That is an optimistic sign!! Love,Lynne

Carol B February 17th, 2005 07:35 AM

Good morning. May sounds good. Just let me know, and dinner it is. I am sure Angie and Ashley will want to come also.

Glad everything is going good for Trevor at the bank. Tell him I said hello.
Talk to you later

Lynne &Trevor February 19th, 2005 09:13 PM

Hi,
I got a surprise today. Trevor bought me a new Nissan Sentra car! My Buick was about to roll over, with about 130, 500 miles or so on her. We'd been talking about it, then backed off. But with me gone with the Chorale all day, he had to have SOMETHING to do. It's real cute and he got a great deal on it.
Trevor was feeling cocky the other day and said maybe we'll take a May cruise AND the Oct. cruise. At the moment, "money is no object" while he's still at the bank. Even if he doesn't stay at this one he feels confident enough that he'll get a position at another one. I always expected that Ashley and Angie would go along on our night out up there. Any final plans won't be put in place until it's a reality that we'll be going up your way.I hope we do.
It's after 10PM and it's been a long day.My legs ache from standing on heels. The performance of the Barbershop group and our chorale was good today, but we were only on stage alone for one 1 1/2 minute song, and then joined the Barbershoppers for the final number-Battle Hymn of the Republic (Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory......). We did get a supper break from 4:15 to about 7:45PM. My ride picked me up at 7:15. We sang at the 2PM show, too. Were there at noon and didn't get on stage until 3:40PM.

Good Night for now. Lynne
PS Checked into the countdown clock-printed J Bon's directions but still must remember how to get back to "Edit Profile".

Lynne &Trevor February 20th, 2005 02:14 PM

Hi,
Something interesting just popped up! Our former next door neighbors who are now back living in Uruguay will be cruising on the Royal Princess around the tip of South America in a few days. When we mentioned that we'll be cruising in Oct. Jorge emailed back that they might be interested in joining us, and wanted the particulars. I emailed them back and he has already contacted one of our local travel agencies with whom they do business-even from Uruguay- to get them a price for an oceanview cabin for that date. This couple treated us to our first cruise on the Sun Princess in Feb. 1998 and we've been cruising on our own since Oct. 2001. WOW. Jorge wants me to call the gal at the TA to confirm that she received his email.
They were wonderful hosts to us on our cruise, and have become very dear friends. Jorge and Trevor have had many interesting experiences together at the Racetrack, Jai Lai, just eating at a restaurant in a marina. They are like Grumpy Old Men. They enjoy each other's company, but then will back off for a few days when one of them gets in a huff. <VBG> . I used to follow Beatriz around the Mall and Walmart for hours. She had the money and I didn't, but she introduced me to the fact of never buying anything at full price!!
I drove my new car to church this morning. It's a nice little thing. I told Trevor to get a picture of it so I can send it to you,Carol, and my boys.Bridget, if you want one, I'll send one to you, too. I'll be in it, so you can see what I look like. Anyone else???

Take care. We just came back from eating a full meal at the smorgesbord place. Trevor is now taking his nap!! Bye. Lynne

Lynne &Trevor February 20th, 2005 04:51 PM

OKAY! The clock is working! Now I have to get my signature back. Should I keep the rose or try for a different one??
I know, I have these 3 lovely roses sitting on my shelf in my bedroom to remind me of all of you. It would be a shame to waste them!! LOL Lynne

Lynne &Trevor February 20th, 2005 05:19 PM

Now let's see. I really made a stupid mistake by not re-updating the clock when I couldn't get the flowers and the clock.

Lynne &Trevor February 20th, 2005 05:23 PM

Try it again.

Lynne &Trevor February 20th, 2005 05:31 PM

YEAH!

Carol B February 21st, 2005 06:45 AM

Good morning Lynne. Glad to see you have your clock working. No, you need to keep the roses, they are your trademark. It just would not be you without them. Congrats on your new car. What color is she? Trevor working could be a good thing, cruise, new car, what will be next? LOL Just wanted to check in, I must go for now. Have a good day

Lynne &Trevor February 21st, 2005 07:02 AM

OK, why is my countdown clock working on this thread and not the other one? Is it because the email address is still strato.net instead of the new one? Hmmmn. So many wrinkles.
Yes, I stayed with the roses, but was really tempted to choose the one with someone flipping through money--for Trevor's benefit-but that's not me!

The car is silver. I'll have him take a picture of it. I'm running late now and I was up at 6:30! Bye!! Love, Lynne

bridget February 21st, 2005 09:24 PM

yes! I would love a picture. I feel like I have gotten to know all of you through these threads.
glad you got you clock up. that is always nice to have a reminder of an upcoming cruise!.
I really need to book a cruise! work has been sooo busy since I got back and I have been eating like a pig. I need to have something to look forward to to get me motivated.
Right now between work, my 3 dogs, taking care of my parents sick dog and my dad getting ready to start chemo again I am drained!
so remind me again of your Oct 8 details, is it the Princess Cruise line you are going on? do you have good weather in Oct? I thought that was hurricane season.
I usually go between january and april.
well gotta go. I have to package up my necklace from Cardows in St thomas, I have been buying from them since 1982, and never had a problem, until this last visit.
Oh well, so far they seem very responsive to help out.
bridget

Lynne &Trevor February 23rd, 2005 06:52 AM

Good Morning
Just wanted to get us closer to the top so we don't get lost. Very foggy here this morning and a front is trying to inch it's way slowly in our direction. It will be in the low 70's with higher rain chances this weekend.
I'm still checking into the old roll call thread to see if anyone is still with us. I get a few posts maybe once a week, mainly from rickdeb up in Guelph.Eric (Big Daddy Rich) posted not long ago, but I think "our gang" is gone. I haven't even seen Rich posting on his new thread for this Sept's cruise.
The new car is doing fine. Much lighter and easier to drive than the big old Buick-but we will always be fond of her, having had her for 11 years.
Take care. It's just about 8AM already.Got up late! Bye. Lynne

Carol B February 24th, 2005 04:42 AM

GOOD MORNING!!!! Don't have much to say, just good morning. Enjoy you new car. Talk to you later. It is snowing here today. SPRING WHERE ARE YOU

Lynne &Trevor February 24th, 2005 06:47 AM

Hi
Yes, Bridget, we are going on the Caribbean Princess on Oct 8 to the Eastern Caribbean. We were supposed to go there (with CarolB+family) and others who we met through our roll call, but got diverted west at the last minute. On the way back from Mexico we stopped at Grand Cayman to deliver water and other supplies after Hurricane Frances. All the other ships went East as scheduled but I guess it was our ship's turn to stop with the supplies.We "ran into" Hurricane Jeanne on the way to Nassau-the last port and then had to "cruise" along Cuba for two extra days.

We were thinking of a different ship this time, the Star Princess, but it is just returning from a transatlantic cruise on Oct.9, but is going western Caribbean. There is absolutely no roll call for it that I could find, and after posting on the transatlantic thread have found that at least one person is staying on to continue the voyage.So, we gave up and stayed with our Caribbean Princess. She will feel "comfortable".
It still will be hurricane season, but later- we have cruised in the same week in Oct once before to the Eastern Caribbean with no problem and two cruises Western in Sept with no problem.This was a freak year.
You and Carol will indeed get a picture of the car once Trevor takes one!! With him working now and then getting on his blackjack site to relax, it's been hard to pin him down.

Must run. It's getting close to 8AM. It sounds as if you have your hands full, Bridget.
Good Morning, Carol. Love to the "Girls". Bye. Lynnie-Rose

Carol B March 1st, 2005 04:22 AM

We were almost to the bottom, can't have that now can we. It is snowing here today. I am more than ready for spring. Get me a job in Flordia and I would move. I have always wanted to live there. Of course I would have to take Ash with me, can't leave her. Hope everything is good with you and you are enjoying that car. Take care
Hi to Trevor
Love
Carol

Lynne &Trevor March 1st, 2005 06:49 AM

Hi
No, we need to stay near the top at least so we know we're alive! The flu seems to be under control although the 2nd floor in the Health Care Center is still under some restrictions.
Today there will be a 50's Day at work sponsored and orchestrated by the student nurses there on rotation.When they come in, they practically take over the place.They are all so energetic and upbeat, but a little naive I think, They don't realize that they are displacing my regular resident volunteers when they take over their area. One I know in particular is not happy. Today the Activities Center will be a zoo because of this "party" but it breaks up the monotony for others.
Not much else going on for the rest of the week. We might go to Ft. Lauderdale over the weekend if the weather is warm and it isn't raining. Trevor is starting to think more about visiting his mother. We haven't seen her since Dec. and we were just over to see mine. But, "our" ship should be in, so I can see her! Our cabin is further back this time-Baja-720.
Bye for now. 7:55 and I still have to say "hello" on the other board. Glad to hear you're feeling better, Carol. I wish your snow would go away, too.It means that Jamie has to drive in it to work, also. Blah.
Lynnie-ROSE

Lynne &Trevor March 4th, 2005 06:18 AM

Good Morning
I don't know if my rose will come up or not this AM.My email server seems to be down so don't know if it will affect the posting.
Went to the eye doctor on Wednesday. I was there close to 3 hours-backed up. Anyway, my distance vision is better, but more magnification will be given for the reading. I have bi-focals so I guess the lower part of the "hour glass" (progressive lenses-no line) will get stronger. My eyes are pretty dry, too, so I'll have to get some drops.

Yesterday was a very raw day and the rain settled in during the late afternoon. It was just plain YUCKY! Trevor still asked me about going to Ft. Lauderdale this weekend. It was almost bedtime and I was very tired and cranky so after 10PM last night was not a good time to ask me.He has a yen to see his mother.This morning it's still cool and somewhat overcast with a high predicted at 71. It will have to be this weekend or next, as I'm scheduled to sing in the cantata on Palm Sunday, and the following week is Easter--sing in two services. We'll see how we feel. Sun is supposed to come out today but it will still be cool by the water. I'll get to see our ship, though.

Better get going. Several of our residents on one of Assisted Living floors have the flu so I've had to curtail activities up there so it doesn't spread. Fun, fun, fun.

Take care. Lynnie-ROSE

Lynne &Trevor March 4th, 2005 10:18 PM

Hi
It's 11PM and Trevor is in bed after beating me at 2 games of Scrabble. He needed those victories because he was terminated at the bank today. This was after a week where he was complimented and told that he's doing much better and brought up the bank rating by balancing out to the penny every day almost since he's been there. I believe it was a "manufactured" termination that has been in progress for some time.He did nothing overly earthshattering-mostly piddly stuff. Today the termination was based onwhat "might" happen because of a transaction he did, rather than a what "did" happen. He's so nice, too, that he didn't mention that the head teller who told him he had to leave forgot to tag a couple of transactions the other day and would have been $4000 under if Trevor hadn't of told her so she could fix it. Also, today, she made two $6000 mistakes on transactions that went into his computer by mistake when she meant to electronicly transfer the amounts into another teller's machine. He's really been on an emotional tightrope with the "girls" at this branch and it's a relief, really, that he doesn't have to work there anymore. He says he'll probably contact a couple of other banks who are advertising. He was told what I told him-Personell/Human Resources can only give out dates when he worked there, if called by another bank, no other information. It's kind of sad, and he's been on the edge of quitting for awhile now-up one or two days thinking he's doing great, and then called in--usually on a Friday. He was determined not to quit. It was a big step for him even to apply for a job after being off for 6 years. I'm proud of him for sticking with it for so long. He earned enough money to pay off a couple of credit cards, too, which was his main goal.
The first thing he said when he came home was "You can change the date of the cruise if you want to, I've been terminated, or the bank has terminated me."That may mean that we'll try to go on the Star Princess on Oct. 23. Yes, it goes West-but it will be a different ship, but Trevor would prefer that, and I've been posting on their roll call.
So, I thought I'd give you the news. As of last night we are still planning on going to Dayton in May, but if he gets a new job, I don't know if he can take vacation that soon.

I'm not sure if we'll be going to Ft. Lauderdale this weekend, either. He half mentioned it tonight. It would have to be this weekend or Palm Sunday weekend, in a couple of weeks, cause I'm needed to sing in the choir on an intergral anthem next week, and then I'd need to be back in town on the 20th eve to sing.Then it's Easter the following week with 2 services at church for the choir. I know I'll have the chance to see the ship several times before the Fall. CB

Take care for now. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

bridget March 5th, 2005 08:34 AM

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Trevors job. Sure sounds like he is better off without that bank as it seems they have some other problems going on.
I know that must be a blow to be terminated, but I am sure things will work out.

it snowed here in central ohio. it is beautiful out with all the snow, but not good to go out in as I had plans on getting errands done and I worked late last night at the clinic and didn't get anything done.
Tonight is a big band dance/dinner at the Marriott.,looking forward to going out.
well , have a good weekend
Bridget

Lynne &Trevor March 5th, 2005 09:05 AM

Hi Bridget-and Carol,
The sun is shining brightly here and we're on our way to a nice warm up. It sure beats last week's terrible rain and low temps.
Trevor has thrown out all the stuff pertaining to the bank -he's been thinking about it now and is upset about the whole thing. He says their greatest mistake was in hiring him in the first place, and then not terminating him long ago when it seemed he wasn't progressing very quickly--instead of leading him on. Since then he has improved tremendously and knows what he's doing. So, he's had about 3 months of PAID bank training and now feels confident enough to make application to two banks who are hiring. We don't think that all banks have the same sour climate that this one did.

Have a nice time tonight at the Marriott, Bridget. It really sounds like fun.
So, for a couple of days at least, we can think about changing the date of our cruise or even vacation weeks until he learns when he when he can take one. Maybe he can say he's already planned a cruise for our specific week.

Anyway, have a great day, whatever you do!! Lynnie-ROSE

Carol B March 7th, 2005 04:43 AM

Sorry to hear about Trevor's job, atleast he has the experience now and can move on. There is a reason for everything they say. Not much is going on with me today, just wanted to say hello