Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:39 PM
Pam P.

Default St Maarten or St Thomas Excursions

Hi. I'm going on the Caribbean Princess on March 5th (9 days!) and I would like some advice on the best excursions for snorkeling. My two friends and I want to do one excursion, either on St Thomas or St Maarten. I hear there is a lot to do on St Thomas, so we were leaning towards doing something at St. Maarten. Does anyone know about the New Waves Snorkeling at Shipwreck Cove excursion? Or has any other good excursions to check out? Any advice would be great. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Dan P

Default Re: St Maarten or St Thomas Excursions

Hi Pam,On St Thomas we did the B O B excursion.It is a motor scooter that you ride underwater.You sit on the scooter and they take you down 20 -25 feet.you are down for about 20 - 30 min.after or befor you do you dive there is snorkling there until every one has dived.I recommend you read up on it ,it was very interesting.
Old February 26th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Familiar Face

We were in St Maarten last week and did the Americas Cup Regatta & had a blast!

They offer 3 or 4 different times so you will have plenty of time before or afterward to shop or sightsee in town.

Jeff & Susana
Old February 26th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

my opinion only, but i would go to st thomas, take the ferry to st john. skip trunk bay, its pretty to look at, the drivers will stop often for you to take pictures. go to big maho beach to snorkle, keep right out around the rocks. as for shopping st thomas is the place to shop, theres very little shopping on st john. and oh by the way, dont go to the fancy jewerly store there either. i bought a pretty ring there for $400 dollars, got back to usa and found the very same ring at kay jewerlers for $200. im still upset about that. there is a cute little jewerly shop behind the ice cream place that has lots of cute cheap stuff. check out st thomas tradewinds on line, lots of info there.