Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Passenger

Default Kings Wharf???

What if anything is there to do in Kings wharf Bermuda...our ship is docking there for 2 days in Octorber...thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Jean M

Default Re: Kings Wharf???

Parasailing, see the fort, shopping (nice glass shop), catch a ferry or bus to other areas.
Old March 5th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Passenger

Thanks..I am considering parasailing if I lose some of the weight I want to lose before then....
Old March 5th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Visit a British Pub, plan a trip to Horseshoe Beach, rent a motor scooter and visit the island, it`s less than 25 miles long. When we were there, you couldn`t rent a car.

I`ve been on at least a dozen islands and Bermuda stands alone in cleanliness. There are no beggers and no visible poverty. My favorite island and most expensive that we have visited.

Bill
Old March 5th, 2005, 01:52 PM
lori@sms.149.cox.net

Bill,

I'm interested in going to Horseshoe Beach. Is this a public beach and can we take the bus? Any idea how much the bus would be? I haven't been there is almost 20 years.

Lori
Old March 5th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Hi Lois:

The last time we were there was 1984. They had public transportation, bus services and from what I can remember it wasn`t expensive. Also, within walking distance from Horseshoe Bay Beach was the beautiful Princess Hotel. This is a must see hotel. Just walk in there as though you own the place, order a drink and enjoy the surroundings.

We certainly could not afford to stay there. However, the couple hours we spent there was very enjoyable.

I have a couple of photos Horseshoe Bay Beach to send you but couldn`t figure out how to attach them on this board. If I can`t figure this out today, I`ll e-mail you tommorow.

Also, you have to promise me to try a Bristish Pub while in Bermuda. It is so different from what you see in Canada (my home) or in the US.

Bill
Old March 8th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Passenger

The ferry will be the least expensive and probably just as fast as a taxi from King's Wharf. It will also be a great view of the island. You can take a bike on board, I'm pretty sure.

Grand Princess 08/07 - British Isles & Ireland
Celebrity Horizon 6/05 - Bermuda
Golden Princess 8/04 - So. Caribbean
Celebrity Millennium - Mediterranean 6/01 - the benchmark of our cruises
Celebrity Zenith - So. Caribbean - 4/97
Old March 8th, 2005, 10:42 AM
hombre

no need to stay put in king's wharf, though it has some interesting little shops and the fortress is nice to poke around. take the ferry to hamilton; for a great tour of the harbor take the 'local' for a quick trip take an 'express.' the ferry leaves right from king's wharf and is very inexpensive compared to a taxi. i think you can get a bus from king's wharf which will be bound for hamilton and pass right by horseshoe beach. one of the finest days of my life, my 60th birthday, i spent with friends on horseshoe in 2003. enjoy it as much as i did.
Old March 8th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Dan P

We have been to Bermuda many times.You can buy a bus pass for the two days that you are there.Cabs can be expensive.You can get to anywhere by bus.If you want the beach,aquirium or go to St Georges or Hamolton.The ride on the bus is very interesting,and you will not be alone on the bus,it will be filled with passengers from your ship.
If you are not sure what to see go to your library and get either Frommers or Fedors book on Bermuda,If you take it out before you leave you can use it for your tour guide.