Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Su-z-q

Default Dolphin Swim in Coxumel

Need anyone's help. Trying to book the Royal Dolphin swim in the park in Cozumel. I'm trying to set up on my own, rather than go through Carnival Cruise Lines, much cheaper. 2 questions: Can we use the transportation services provided by Carnival when they arrange the excursions for their quests or do we have to do it on our own? I'd rather be in a shuttle provided by Carnival, if possible, even through we didn't book the excursion through them. Also, has anyone heard of a handicapped (wheelchair bound) person being able to do the dolphin swim? I'd like to see if my husband can go. I've e-mailed Sherri at Cozumelinsider.com, but have not gotten a response. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Susan.
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Dolphin Swim in Coxumel

Susan

Carnival doesn't have a shuttle. They put you in taxis. When you get off the ship there will be people there holding signs for each excursion. You have to get with your group and show them your ticket. I don't see any way you would be able to be included with a Carnival group.

Cozumel is very easy to get around on your own. You'll need to take a taxi to Chankanaab Park which should be about $10 each way for 4 people or less. Make sure you agree on the price before you get in the taxi. Make sure you bring small bills with you. Its amazing how many people don't have change. <G>. I always travel with a lot of ones and fives.

I booked through cozumelinsider.com and have found it can take Sherri 24-48 hours to get back to you. She is very good about answering all your questions, it can just take a little while sometimes.

Hope this helps.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 8th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

I would suggest calling the toll free number listed on dolphindiscovery's website. they should be able to answer any questions.
Old March 8th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Su-z-q

Thanks, guys for your help. Hope to get some good information from your leads.
Old March 10th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Passenger

We just returned from Cozumel on the Miracle and I took my daughter to the dolphin swim. You can't go with Carnival but the taxi to the park costs $10 ( a big sign is posted by the taxi stand) and I think the park entry was $13 or $14. The dolphin swim cost $125. If you book with carnival, the cost is slightly higher but if you are going to book with them, book before you go on the ship. One persone we met, said it was $8 more on the ship than when he booked on line
Old March 13th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Su-z-q

Default Re: Re: Dolphin Swim in Coxumel

Thanks for all you're help. I did book the swim through Dolphin Discovery. They can assist in getting my handicapped husband in the water and will have a lifeguard, as well. Hope to have a great time. Thanks!!
Old March 21st, 2005, 05:03 PM
Cathi

Default Re: Re: Re: Dolphin Swim in Coxumel

Susan,

Can I ask you....what type of transportation did you arrange to get to the park? We will be traveling with my mother that is in a wheelchair 90% of the time and was not sure how we would get her to the park.

Thanks, Cathi
Old March 22nd, 2005, 02:22 PM
Su-z-q

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Dolphin Swim in Coxumel

Cathi:

We'll take him in his manual wheelchair and fold it up. Plan to call service through one of these:

Aurmundo at 987-872-0041 or 0236; Aurmundo@hotmail.com
Taxi 394@hotmail.com or contact cab #394

It is a lift cab and they stated it costs about $20 each way to the Chan. Marine Park

Hope this helps you.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
Cathi

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dolphin Swim in Coxumel

Thank you so much Susan, I already put in an email to him.

Cathi
Old March 23rd, 2005, 05:32 PM
timr

for sure chabanka park. book yourself. dolphindiscovery.com grab a taxi 10-12 dollars each way and 10 dollar fee for the park. the only way to go. plan on spending the day there. it is a wonderful place