Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2005, 05:57 PM
lucky judy

Default dolphin videos

We recently (March 3) participated in the dolphin swim at Cozumel and purchased the video. Although we watched part of our copy on site, we were disappointed when we returned home to find that the DVD does not offer coverage of our group, but another. We have attempted to resolve the issue with the people at the park, but are getting the runaround. I would seriously advise all readers NOT to buy the video unless they see THEIR copy in its entirety BEFORE leaving the park. We had watched the complete original video before our purchase, but that didn't save us. Video costs $50. Even though I have offered to return our copy to Cozumel personally, this has not been accepted. Direct enquiries have not been answered. Buyer beware!
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2005, 06:06 PM
timr

Default Re: dolphin videos

I agree. 50 dollars for a 7 minute video is way to much. We saw just enough to of the preview to make sure it was our group. When we got home had friends over to watch it, wow i was pissed. Just a word to the wise. If you have another party with you swim at different times and take a video cam with you and record each other for the pier. My in-laws did this for us also and was the full length of the swim. So I hope this helps
Old March 17th, 2005, 11:59 AM
BAS

I guess that is what I was wondering...I am doing the swim(in Curacao though) through RCL and didn't know if my husband could come along and tape or take pictures. And, someone else told me they paid the $50 and were pleased but felt they could have dickered the price down?
Old March 20th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to cougar1028

BAS When are you going? I may be on the same cruise as you
Old March 21st, 2005, 07:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Dear Lucky Judy:

I would be so angry if I was in your position. We did the Dolphin Swim & Snorkel on Feb. 25. Though our family enjoyed the time with the dolphin (especially our kids--14 & 16), we felt the gift shop was poorly run (one cashier!!!?!?!?!?!?!?), crowded and over priced ($20 for dolphin kiss photo--sheesh!).

We did purchase our DVD -- it had only our group of 10 people. I'm glad we bought it but while we watched the sample of the other DVDs, some of the photographers were better than the others. I wish ours ended with a shot of the 4 cruise ships across the water like some other people's did. I didn't bring my camera with me to the park because I didn't know what to expect (lockers, water problems, etc.).

Also, I'm not a complainer but it said we'd have 90 minutes to enjoy the park following our dolphin swim. Most of it was spent waiting around in the gift shop -- especially after starting our swim almost 30 minutes later than schedule because they were waiting for another group.

The park was certainly beautiful. I've been looking forward to this for almost 10 years so I guess I was bound to be let down a bit. When I compare this to the Sting-Ray encounter last year, there IS no comparison. I didn't expect to enjoy those creatures as much as I did. It was top-notch and first rate aboard the Cockatoo Catamaran in Grand Cayman. Not to mention about half the price.
Old March 21st, 2005, 02:30 PM
BAS

Cougar1028,
We aren't going until Oct. 2- RC Adventure of the Seas to Aruba etc. I saw your other post that you are leaving soon. Let us know what ship and all your adventures! Barb
Old March 21st, 2005, 03:53 PM
Beginner

on our last cruise we did the dolpine encounter show us the hole they took of us came
out ral good