Before you get on your ship, remember a few things
1. Crime happens every where..... On the ship and in paradise. Don't leave your wallet sitting open in the sand or your thousand dollar digital camera and go snorkeling for a few hours. Would you do that in your local park and walk away for a few hours?
2. When you go snorkeling, put sunblock on your legs, the back of your calves, and back of your thighs. Think about it...snorkel looking down-- sun above--burn back of legs.
3. Not everyone in the Caribbean works in the tourist industry. If you see people rushing, they might have to get to work. So just kindly move aside. Yes, you are on vacation, other people got to work.
4. Don't complain about a.) touristy things b.) fast food resturants and c.) crowds. All the exits surverys have shown people do but lil touristy things. Look in your closet or around your house. Everyone likes fast food...its easy and quick...get over it! KFC and McDonalds are everywhere. Finally, the same mega ship you came on brought all the crowds. So stop complaining.
5. Bathing suits are not appropriate in downtown areas. When you leave the beach, throw on a t-shirt and shorts.
6. Respect local customs. Don't say, "In Chicago, we don't do it that way." Guess what, you are not at home.