Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Passenger

Default are there wave runner rentals at Chankanaab?

Do they offer water sport rentals at Chankannab?
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: are there wave runner rentals at Chankanaab?

no, they have snorkeling items for rent though. I think Paradise Beach is the place that has stuff like that. You can do a search or someone can correct me.
We had a wonderful time at Chankanaab Park, but I hear many people enjoy Paradise too.

Have fun.
Old March 20th, 2005, 08:16 PM
BoosterMom

I don't remember seeing any "water toys" the two times we went to Chankanaab. I've read on these message boards that Mr. Sanchos has this type stuff, but not sure about wave runners. Chankanaab is a Mexican national park and an ecological site so they probably don't allow wave runners.
Old March 20th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Passenger

Being an ecological site, that completely makes sense. Thanks for the info. I was hoping to get the best of both worlds at Chankanaab. I guess I'm back to choosing between the two. How is the swim lagoon at Chankanaab?
Old March 20th, 2005, 08:51 PM
cali-croozer

There is no swim lagoon at Chankanaab, but there is a swimming area that some people call a "lagoon". They are referring to an area that has a sandy entrance into the water where families with small children often hang out. The other area for swimming is the snorkeling area, which has a rocky entrance (rock stairs into the water). The lagoon on Chankanaab's map is behind the stretch of sand, and you walk around it on the nature walk. It makes for some beautiful pictures, but is not for swimming. If you want a relaxing place to spend the day and great snorkeling, Chankanaab will suit you fine. If you want water toys and a more party atmosphere, you will want to go elsewhere. It just depends what you are looking for. For my family, Chankanaab was the best choice.
Old March 20th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband an I walked out of the beach area an snorkeled. Was great, we were all alone! The corals an fish are awesome in that area also. You don't have to go down to the rocky area with 200 people to snorkel in the park. Actually we started at the beach area an got out at the rocky area, omg was a LONG haul but was sooo beautiful!!!
Old March 21st, 2005, 02:51 PM
cali-croozer

Yes, you can do that too. Cherie........were you there on a real crowded day? Just asking, because there wasn't anywhere near 200 people snorkeling when we went. I wouldn't want to scare people away, thinking that the park is always crowded.