Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2005, 08:29 AM
amm

Default St Thomas Coki Beach

We will be on the Glory 4/2 and will be going to St Thomas. Wondering about Coki Beach... Is it a good place to snorkel? Can you rent snorkel gear at the beach? Are there restaurants, shopping and bars near the beach? How far is it from the port? Any other info anyone has would be helpful! Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2005, 09:22 AM
Passenger

Default Re: St Thomas Coki Beach

Coki Beach is great - we think it is the best for snorkeling on St. Thomas. The fish are everywhere! Take a cab from the pier (it is too far to walk!). There is snorkeling gear to rent there, food, drinks. It is very busy - go early! There is also an aquarium right there if you want to tour it. We didn't - too much fun snorkeling! You can take a tour with Godfrey - was $20 per person last year - he takes you on a tour of the island, to a beach for a few hours (Coki is one of the choices) then drops you downtown for shopping. We didn't do the shopping part, so I assume he picks you up there. Cheaper than taxi to all of that, but a taxi to Coki and back would be less. We walked to shopping after eating and changing on the ship - about a mile.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 10:36 AM
Admiral

You have been given good information above. Coki is about a $15 cab ride from the pier. No admission fees (as at Maegens Bay). It is next door to Coral World, a paid attraction. There are food outlets and bathroom facilities up the steps by Coral World as well as a complete dive shop. You can do snorkelling and even beginner scuba off the beach. Several food and drink vendors have trailers behind the beach , you can rent chairs etc as well. Snorkelling on the Coral World end of the beach has great numbers of fish, but not al ot of coral. At the far end of the beach there is a bit more coral (and beach is a little less crowded). Never figured out why, but, everyone tends to sit down right at the bottom of the steps , just walk a bit down the beach for space.
I will be there in May and Coki will be my first stop in St Thomas.
Taxi stand is out by Coral World and there are always plenty of cabs available.
Old March 24th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Admiral

Coki is a good beach for snorkeling, the family and easily accessible by taxi van. Just tell the driver what time you wish to leave, and they will return for you. Settle on a price for the family each way before leaving Havensight. Rentals of equipment, drinks and hair braiding are all available at Coki. Bring some dog biscuits with you. The fist love them.
Bon Voyage
Old March 24th, 2005, 06:42 PM
afrontino

My husband and I will be on the Millie 4/3-4/10. We have made arrangements with Coki Beach Dive Club. They will pick us up at the ship, provide equipment (for a fee), give us a safe place for our belongings, etc. My husband found out about them online; he scubas, I do not, so we wanted a place where we could do both. The reviews we read about them were all very positive. So, here's hoping!
I'd appreciate additional info, if anyone has it. Thanks.
Anne