Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2005, 11:00 PM
StaceySch

Default must do's with kids in western carribean

have three kids ranging from 5 to 12. We are going on the Valor in the summer. Couldn't get the cave tubing for kids in Belize. I am so disappointed. Apparently it is already booked. looking for suggestions of things to do with kids in

Belize, Cozumel , Grand CAyman, and Isla Roatan

We have been to Cozumel before and have swam with the stingrays in GI. Any information would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: must do's with kids in western carribean

my husband and i were in grand caymen years ago. there is a turtle farm which is fun, hell- a rock formation like no other and a great snorkeling, the best in fact i have every done.at the graveyard beach. ask the locals if you can't find it. it is a beach you have to walk thru a graveyard to get to. It has been many years so try to check it out better you go i am sure it is known now! Make sure you have a taxi to take you back, because it is down the road alittle. What i liked best was you could snorkel off the beach and find shade. when i was there there was no bathrooms or food. It was a local beach and quiet. Hope this helps! Kat.
Old March 24th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Admiral

Taking the family on a half-day island tour including the Turtle Farm is a good recommedation. Nativeway did a great tour for us at $20pp. On the way back, have them drop you off at Seagrapes Beach across from the Courtyard (old Holiday Inn). Taxi's line up for your return trip.

Did you contact private cave tube vendors for Belize? Although I believe the 5 yr. old is too small to enjoy this trek in the jungle and float on a large black inner tube, the older ones (11+) would love it. Check out the various port forums; Belize for recommended private vendors. We went with Reggie Trapp a few years ago, but at that time, he would not take children under 12. Their arms just aren't long enough to paddle over the tubes.

If this doesn't work, try the River Wallace & Altun Ha adventure. Something for everyone or book a tour to Caye Caulker or Ambergis Caye for snorkeling and beach time.
Bon Voyage
Old March 24th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

In Cozumel we enjoyed our day at Chankanaab Park. There a lagoon area where your little one can swim and the older children can snorkel right from the the shore. This is where the dolphin swim is offered and even if you don't do the swim the kids can see the dolphins. They have a Mayan ruin replica and botanical gardens and a sea lion show several times a day.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 26th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Matt Karp

How about dolphin swimming at Chakanab sp? Park in Cozumel. I haven't done it, but I've seen a lot of messages on the boards, and people seem to enjoy themselves.
Old April 28th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ickletarakins

We're also going on the Valor this summer...what are your dates? We wanted to do the cave tubing also, but can't because it leaves before the ship even docks :o(
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:46 PM
browezilla

For Belize Cave tubing, see this link I just added: http://72.3.135.188/forums/read.php?...=21869&t=21869

Cozumel - best value: Paradise Beach. Chankanaab Park is nice. Sally's Mini golf
Grand CAyman - Stingray City/Sandbar -www.sotoscruises.com The Stingrays is a must-see.