Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:49 AM
pcboston

Default St. Kitts-Beaches and Taxis?

I hope someone who has been to this island can help me out. We will be on Golden Princess at the end of April, stopping in St. Kitts, and I have not found anything on the boards about this port. Princess does not have a beach excursion, except for a catamaran to Nevis, and we don't want to do that. I have researched the beaches and there are quite a few to choose from. Anyone out there been to St. Kitts and gone to a beach, and also would like some info on cost of taxis getting to and from the beaches.
The stop is from 7am to 3pm, so need to make sure we can get a taxi back in time.

Thanks for any help you can give us. Can't wait! Golden Princess 4-24-05
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:06 AM
GoatPro

Default Re: St. Kitts-Beaches and Taxis?

We were in St Kitts in November 04....taxi's easy to find they are located just through the terminal. We went to a beach and had our driver arranged to pick us up with plenty of time to make the ship. He was right there when we needed him. Granpa Joe was his name, drove like a snail and pointed out car dealerships, grocery stores but was a great guy and wasn't expensive (can't remember). I believe that the name of the beach was Frigate Bay. Water was awesome, warm like bath water due to the fact that the beach is black and white sand from volcanic activity. Sand there is VERY hot. Beach chairs available to rent and again not expensive. There was a little shack there selling beer etc. Great shell hunting and just ok snorkeling as the bottom is sand but there were a few fish. To the left there was suposed to be better snorkeling but just enjoyed the beach area. Not crowed either. You will love St Kitts. Save some time for shopping at the market area. Again that is located close to the terminal pavillion. Enjoy your cruise you will love St Kitts. If you don't feel you have time to get to the beach, get a taxi to give you a tour of the island. We had friends with us that did that and they truly enjoyed every minute of it and not expensive. Hope this helps in your decisions. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact me.
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:09 AM
First Mate

As GoatPro says: St Kitt's is a lovely island to get a taxi tour around. Brimstone Hill is especially spectacular
Some beach names:
South Frigate Bay - nice beach, some snorkeling but rocky entry
South Friar's Bay - have not been there but I have seen it highly recommended
Some other good beaches at the extreme south end of the island but these might be a little far given you limited timeframe.
Sorry but i was there a few years ago - so I cannot give you accurate taxi prices.
Old April 1st, 2005, 06:35 PM
pcboston

GoatPro and zeno,

Thanks very much for the info, its good to know that taxis are there, and they can be trusted to come back for you. When going off alone, I have this vision of being stuck somewhere as my ship sails off into the sunset! Looking at a map, it looks like Frigate Bay and Friers Beach are not too far from town, so will probably try one of those. I really appreciate your taking the time to respond.