Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2005, 09:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Loterie Farms tree top excursion, St. Maarten

I'm hoping someone has been on this excursion and can tell me about it. It's quite new, Loterie Farms just opened this course in January of this year. They offer a "tree top experience" at Loterie Farms. You go through 1/2 hour training, get fitted for a harness and then go through their tree top course of zip lines and rope bridges. I'm looking for anyone that has done this... Was it fun, worth the $, did you feel it was well done, did you take the excursion or go on your own? Anything I can find out would be great!

TIA,
Stacy
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Sheal

Default Re: Loterie Farms tree top excursion, St. Maarten

Stacy,

My sister (39) and her husband (52) went in February. They had a great time. You will work up a sweat as you make your way through the course. So plan on two desserts for that night! They did the tour through the ship. There were only seven people in their group. My family is booked for the tour in two weeks. It will be school vacation for us RI folk, so I'm think more families may go. We will go through the ship only because it is my first time going to the island and the other family is nervous about missing the boat. I read that the price is $33.00 per person if you do the trip on your own. My impression is that the taxi is $22.00 one way, or you could rent a car. Seems to me that a car rental is about $35.00 a day.

When do you leave? I can let you know how things went.

Lori
Old April 9th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Bo
Default Re: Loterie Farms tree top excursion, St. Maarten

my ten year old daughter and i will be on this in early may. we have found very little info about this trip too. any comment would sure be helpful. if we travel before you i'll respond. i'm assuming that it is somewhat tame because rccl is willing to book it for there guests