Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Vtroper

Default Western Carb Cruise Excursions

Hi,

My family and I are taking our first cruise in August on RCI's Mariner. I've read alot about Stingray City and Dunn's River Falls and those are both on our to do list. Any other excursions that anyone would recommend? Any assistance would be very appreciated. Do you all recommend booking directly through the cruiseline or booking on your own (aka Capt Marvins) for first time cruisers? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Western Carb Cruise Excursions

Vtroper - definately book the Sting Rays - we used Captain Marvin - wonderful - book on your own, he has a web site
Jamaica - look into what Peat Taylor has to offer - again he is very very good, has his own web site. Book on your own.
No need to use a ship's excursion for these tours
Old April 11th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Passenger

WE have done both Captain Marvin and Peat Taylor two years ago and we booked them again for this year in June. Both were good tours and reasonabally priced. Good luck on your cruise and have fun planning. We only have 2 months to go and I am all ready done with everything except packing and getting on that plane. KMBB
Old April 11th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Yeoman

Used both recently and would use them again. Peat will customize your itinerary with what you want to do. You can email him and have it all set up before you leave. Cap't Marvin is great to do the Stingray excursion with. Much cheaper and less people on your boat.

Have fun!!
Any questions, feel free to email me.
Old April 12th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Sama

I will suggest that you avoid the cruiseline and do it on your own especially if you need personal attention, Captin Marvin was great for us and also Mr. Taylor in Ocho rios. You can email me at lolo_love60@yahoo.com for more info and cantacts..

Sama
Old April 12th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Vtroper

Hey,

It's unanamoius, I'll check with Peat and Capt. Marvin. Other then Dunn's River Falls and Stingray City, what are the "not to miss" activites in Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Cozumel? Thanks...
Old April 13th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Clint

I did a report on Dunn's. You might be able to search for it on this forum. If not, go to www.goarticles.com and search for articles written by Clint Leung. There's a full depth report on Dunn's.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca
Exquisite Eskimo Inuit Art & Northwest Indian Art
Old April 18th, 2005, 02:56 AM
windycity kitty

I did Shark Ray with Coral Breeze limited. Read my reviews under snorkling shark ray alley Belze. I highly recommend this company. It's owned by Americans. They were very good about answering all my questions ( and I had a lot of them) promptly by e mail. The staff was wonderful friendly and seemed to really like their jobs. David and Monique I recall. It by far the best tour I booked the other 2 were with the ship, and a bit of a let down for the price. There were rays everywhere. E mail me if you need more info.Or do a search for Coral Breeze Limited and you can e mail them any questions.