Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Fort Lauderdale Ramada Inn Cruiseport...could someone give m

Hello,

I see the Ramada Inn in Ft Lauderdale is located close to the airport and port. Has anyone stayed here? It says there is a free shuttle for the airport and the pier, how did this work out? I don't want to have to wait for hours for a shuttle, would appreciate some advice.

Or if there are any other suggestions for hotels in the area, i would appreciate that as well.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2005, 05:52 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Fort Lauderdale Ramada Inn Cruiseport...could someone gi

We stayed at the:

Best Western Marina Inn
2150 Se 17th St.
Ft Lauderdale FL 33316

it is right next door literally to where the ships docks. We walked out to the waterway in the morning and there was our ship what a beautiful sight. Complimentary pickup at airport and shuttle to ship free. Food was very good we had dinner and breakfast there. It was adequate without breaking the bank. And if you want there is a water taxi if you have the time to ride up and down or go somewhere else to eat. I would stay here again for a cruise.
Old April 16th, 2005, 09:10 AM
afrontino

I can second the Best Western Marina Inn. Rooms were adequate, food was okay. They really do have their act together about the cruise shuttles. We were told where to gather; they had chairs to sit on while you were waiting; and the shuttle got us to the port just when they said.
Anne
(Just returned from Ft. Lauderdale and the Millennium on April 11th)
Old April 24th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Passenger

I'll be at the Ramada Cruiseport in FLL next weekend (sailing Caribbean Princess). I selected it bec. of the free shuttles and the free hot breakfast buffet. A number of guest reviews at yahoo travel were good, said that the shuttles, breakfast, etc. were as promised and the rooms were clean and recently remodeled. I think it costs more than other places, but I figure the free shuttles and breakfast save quite a bit.