Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi
Default Eastern Caribbean late Jan 06 water temps

Hubby and I are going on the Jewel in Late Jan and was wondering how the water is? We are going to San Juan, St Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua and Nassau.
Lexi
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Eastern Caribbean late Jan 06 water temps

We were on the 1/30/05 Jewel sailing. The day we left Ft. Lauderdale, was cool and breezy, and the first day at sea was chilly. Needed a jacked when out on deck. Was a very rough ride the first night also, I ended up seasick (first time in 6 cruises). Once we got to San Juan, beautiful weather. Water was nice, went snorkeling in Antigua. It did rain some in St. Thomas, and seas were very choppy there.

Again, on the day at sea back to Nassau, chilly, jackets, and rough ride. The day in Nassau was on the chilly side, and we did not venture to the water. I am one to like it very warm, high 70 to 80's, so we will not sail again jan/feb unless it is southern caribbean.

Hope this helps you out.

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old May 23rd, 2005, 03:18 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Eastern Caribbean late Jan 06 water temps

We sailed Explorer of the Seas on January 23, 2005.

Our ship was about a day or two behind a storm.

San Juan - rained lightly the day we were there. It was still warm enough for short sleeves and shorts. Did the rain forest tour so I don't know about the water.

St. Maarten: Went snorkeling. Water was warm enough but wasn't very clear to see fish. I heard that during the month of January it's not so clear. The beach was great and we did have a good time (just didn't see any fish while snorkeling).

St. Thomas: The water was fantastic! Clear and warm. Couldn't ask for anything better.
Loads of fish, turtles, etc.

Nassau: The water is colder than in St. Maarten and much colder then in St. Thomas. When we were there we thought we'd go to the beach and swim there. The waves were too rough to go into the water. My nephew and his wife did a snorkeling tour and said that the water was chilly. The weather was great but windy.

Hope that helps you!