Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ickletarakins
Default Goff's, Rendezvous, or Caulker Caye???

In hopes that I will get a bit more input on snorkeling in Belize, I wanted to post and ask whether people preferred Goff's Caye, Rendezvous Caye, or Caulker Caye for snorkeling. Those are the three areas I can get excursions to through my cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Goff's, Rendezvous, or Caulker Caye???

We were at Goff's Caye in Jan./05. We(2 adults,&7,13 yr.old) loved it. Beautiful sand. We did the snorkelling-jump off the boat and swim around to the other side of that little island and then back to shore. Then we did some more snorkeling from the shore also. The snorkeling quality/variety was okay-I am not much of an expert though!lol My younger daughter loved playing in the sand. They also dropped us off right at our ship(Valor) after if we wanted to(which we did).
My only suggestion is to decide what you want to do and book either with Carnival(their excursion/tenders go first) or a reputable firm ahead of time.
We waited until we got to shore(inside the cruise compound area). It was a bit unnerving deciding who to go with. We had decided to go SharkRayAlley excursion from a booth in the compound area and found out in the nick of time that they were waiting for a load of 14 people!! We DID get our $ back promptly and hurried over to the Goff's Caye excursion booth(which was late leaving luckily!). Next time(if there is a next time!) I will definitely plan ahead of time more!!!!!! Tendering is also a bit of a pain in Belize.
But we ended up having a really nice time of snorkeling/beach fun at Goff's Caye.
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ickletarakins
Default Re: Re: Goff's, Rendezvous, or Caulker Caye???

Thanks for the reply. We decided to go with Goff's Caye, because after researching Belize on this message board, I heard more good things about Goff's than about the other two places. We are booking our shore excursions in Belize and Grand Cayman through Carnival, and we actually already booked them, because you can do so online after you pay for your cruise. I went on a cruise in 2000 and we booked our shore excursions on our first day and didn't get to do some things we had wanted to because many of the excursions were sold out, so we decided, hey, we can book them this early, so let's do that!

Glad to hear you had a good time at Goff's!

-Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruise, June 2005
-Sapphire Princess Voyage of the Glaciers Alaska Cruise, May 2008

Old May 2nd, 2005, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Goff's, Rendezvous, or Caulker Caye???

We just got back and also did Goff's Caye. It was one of the best days we had on the trip.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03