Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2005, 08:42 PM
BoosterMom

Default Coki, Sapphire or Magens Bay in St. Thomas???

I'd love some input from people about which beach they liked. We love Chankanaab in Cozumel. You can snorkel, see underwater and eat and drink. I know Coki is supposed to have the clearer water and has all the water toys. Sapphire does too. We're leaning toward Coki for a couple of hours with our two college age daughters. Would love some input.............We're doing Godfrey's tour and he told us to pick which beach..........
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Mikes Wifee

Default Re: Coki, Sapphire or Magens Bay in St. Thomas???

When we went on the tour by Sunny's Tours in St. Thomas...he also told us to pick which beach to go to. Our group decided on Saphire because he suggested that it was cleaner and more safe. Driving by Coki beach....I could see the difference between Saphire and Coki. Saphire is much nicer! The beaches are beautiful and the water very clear!
Old May 1st, 2005, 05:53 PM
BMK

We also love Chankanaab park. I can tell you that Magens bay is nothing like that, there is no snorkeling, the water is however very calm and pretty. There are cahirs to rent and a place eat. It is much smaller than Chankanaab and I do think quite lovely. We have never been to Coki or Sapphire. Have agreat time which ever beach you chose. Oh, and the drive out to Magens is beautiful.
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:15 PM
c4ddym4n

We also used Sunny Liston Tours. We went to Sapphire Beach also. Its very clean and people don't try to sell you things on the beach. Also there is a bar & grill with clean washrooms. Bring some dog biscuits to feed the fish. There is an above ground cemetery at the entrance to Coki Beach which is weird. Sunny Liston was great. For $20 per person we had a guided tour.
Old May 6th, 2005, 12:16 PM
pcboston

We just came back from our cruise on the Golden Princess and did our tour with Godfrey. He was great and his tour is a terrific value. He picked us up at 9am to shop downtown, came back to get us about 11:45am for a tour of the island and dropped us off at the beach of our choice. We had been to Magens Bay before so we picked Sapphire Beach also and were very happy with our choice. It was clean and the water was beautiful. Didn't really like the area at Coki either, which you will pass on your way to Sapphire. A couple of tips I'd like to pass on, if you don't need that much shopping time downtown, you can be picked up later, I think. It was really too long for us, but I had chosen the time, so I'll know better for next time. He does stop at a gift shop also. The other thing is that I would grab a quick bite for lunch downtown before going to the beach. We paid $8 each for a dry hamburger and a small coke at the stand at Sapphire and it wasn't very good. You will love your tour with Godfrey.
Old May 6th, 2005, 12:18 PM
browezilla

I've been to all three. I think Magens is pretty, but it really is the view from the mountain that makes Magen's spectacular for me. IMHO, the best beach is Sapphire. Great island views, nice beach, and excellent snorkeling. Coki is nice, but the snorkeling isn't as good as Sapphire unless you go way out on the left (beware, the current is against you on the way back). Magens is an excellent beach, but don't bother snorkeling.