Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default What do you do with your stuff

When your on the beach and go swimming, snorkling or on the caving at Belize. What do you do with wallet, birth cert , ship to shore card and money. The wife and I go this weekend on Explorer of th Sea and have booked Cave tubing, Sting Ray City snorkling and thought we would go to the park at Cozumel and snorkel there. Anyone have advice on what to do with our stuff while doing all these cool adventures?
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: What do you do with your stuff

I got a waterproof case that hangs around my neck. Bought it on board in the gift shop.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Admiral

your stuff will be safe if you book an excursion, the tour operators are really good about these things. Bring a beach tote or backpack and put your stuff in there.
If you are going to the beach, see if they have lockers to rent. Don't bring a lot of stuff, just what is necessary , don't bring a lot of cash on shore. Just enough for cab, smal purchase, a bite to eat, make large ticket item purchases with a credit card.
Lots of cruisers buy those waterproof wallet pouches that hang around your neck
Old May 8th, 2005, 10:18 PM
First Mate

I put my money/credit card inside my bathing suit top. The water wallets sound like a good idea, but only is you can put them on your wrist. Around your neck and I bet the float up around your face???? I will look for these on the ship when I sail in on 5/21.

I always take a disposable water-proof camera to the beach. Sand & water can't hurt it and you can put in around your wrist to take pics from the water! No one likely to steal that if left in your beach bag either.

If lockers are available...always rent one.
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Yeoman

For one you dont need to bring along your birth certificate or passport. Your cabin key/charge card/ boarding card takes care of that. Leave the valuables in the safe in your cabin! I usually just bring along a credit card, drivers license (for photo id and in case I want to rent something motorized) and some cash which I keep in one of those water wallets which tucks into my suit. At Atlantis, I did find a neat little thing-its a band of nylon with a zippered pocket which you can velcro around your wrist. Havent seen them anywhere else though. I also bring my camera and housing. Sometimes if things look iffy, either my husband or I stay behind with our stuff (he doesnt understand the concept of bringing one credit card and some cash vs lugging his entire wallet!)

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Terri Ann

Default Re: Re: What do you do with your stuff

First Timer,

I agree. Leave the passport and birth certificate in the cabin safe. Take some cash, credit card if you think you will need it and an ID card.

Was on the VALOr in January and one couple for some reason took their passports, birth certificate, marriage license, video camera, credit cards, cash, ID's and S&S cards to Orient Beach on the French side of St. Martin.

They were not thinking or whatever. They were in the water and left everything sitting by the beach lounger. Everything was taken. They did not have money for a taxi back to the ship,etc. Luckily, a French citizen took pity on them and took them to the police station to file a report. He had to translate for them and it took 3 hours to get the necessary papers and he took them back to the ship.

The nightmare continued as they had to go thru at least 3 security checks to get back on the ship and get new cards. Security told them it was smart of them to get a police report or it would have been very difficult to reboard. They then had to cancel the credit cards, etc. Not a fun time!!!

Take only what you need and keep an eye on it. Use common sense like you would on any vacation land or sea.

Terri