Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2005, 03:40 PM
georgia peach

Default Which Tour to Take on St. Thomas

Leaving aboard the Glory in less than three weeks for Eastern Carribean. This is our first cruise and I would appreciate everyones thoughts on which island tour you would recommend on St. Thomas. I am torn between Godfrey, Sunny Liston or Air Force 1.

Please share your experiences and help me finally decide on a tour. Thanks so much !!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Mikes Wifee

Default Re: Which Tour to Take on St. Thomas

Again, I would say Sunny's. Only because I toured with him and liked what I rec'd for $20.00 per person.
Old May 9th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Knarf

Hi Georia peach,
We are on the Zuiderdam on 7/9/05 and in St Thomas on 7/13/05. I am using Sunny for our excursion. Sunny picks us up at the ship then-2 hour shopping -2 hour tour of the Island-2 hours at the beach of your choice(Magens Bay for us). We have been to St Thomas 3 times now. First time we caught a cab into town $3.00 each. We shopped for a while then took a cab from town to Magens. After our beach stay, we took a cab back to the ship. I have read good things about Godfeytoo, Sunny called us back the next day after I e-mailed him-so I went with his tour. I don't really think there would be much difference between them. Be glad to share info with you if you'd like. This is our 6th cruise and we love cruising and love to hepl first timers-we were there once. Oh by the way is Air Force One the tour with President George Bush !!!!! Never heard of that tour !!! Take care, Knarf (Frank backwards)
Old May 9th, 2005, 08:45 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

What is Air Force 1....and don't tell me it it she presisdent's plane lol

Old May 10th, 2005, 07:23 AM
georgia peach

Air Force 1 Island Tours is one of the larger tour companies on St. Thomas. They actually have a great website. Maybe they cater to the larger group bookings, we only have three in our group.

On the Sunny Liston tour do they take you downtown to shop first? We would really like to shop first then go the beach and relax last. Will our purchases be safe for the day while we are out of the bus and at the beach? (My Mom is very concerned about this).

I love this site. It has been SO helpful to newbie cruisers like my Mom and myself. Thanks so much for all of your responses.

18 Days and Counting !!!!!
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:31 AM
pcboston

With Godfrey, we went downtown 1st to shop, then a little sightseeing, then the beach for 2 hrs, your choice of 3 beaches. He would lock your purchases in the cab of his truck if you wanted while you were on the beach. He also offered to hold beach bags while you shopped if you didn't want to carry them around town.
Old May 10th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Mikes Wifee

Default Re: Re: Which Tour to Take on St. Thomas

Yes, Sunny will take your shopping first. He let us out at a flea market and it was within walking distance of the main shops. He picked us up and then took us on the tour. He let us keep our bags in the front of the truck. Everyone felt safe with this. No problems. After the tour he will ask you what beach you want to go to...he is very good about working with your schedule.